What is joomla

kulpin

Reaction score
Hi! I want to build, no I want to rebuild a site using joomla som I have some questions... If you can please answer.

1. what is joomla?
2. what can joomla do?
3. does joomla replace html or css or php?
4. when is joomla usefull, because i don't want to build a complicated site... just one small site for a village...

Oh yeah... I have hosting, I have a domain, I have Fantastico De Luxe in my cPanel, I have installed joomla so all i need is to know how to use it... or maybe you know sme good tutorial. please help....

Yarfapet

Reaction score
1. Joomla is a content management system
2. Save you a TON of trouble with your site, if you're bad with code.
3. Joomla uses all 3 of them, but it all comes preloaded and the basics are preconfigured. To edit your site you simply need to use the admin panel(how ever if your going to be altering templates css and html are handy)
4.It's pretty flexible, but it seems to work best when dealing with written articles and user submitted content. I myself have a game review site and it works great.

Don't worry to much about tutorials (although one couldn't hurt), about an hour in the admin panel, and you'll have most of it figured out.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Not to be a smartass - but all ( or most ) of your questions could of been answered by simply looking up Joomla's website and reading their official website to answer your questions.

bub255

Reaction score
hello!

IMHO, joomla is considered as a ready-made website.. it is created with php and powered by mysql database. all you have to do is to make some configurations, modifications and installation of some useful plugins to meet your websites expectations!

it is not a replacement for html, css and php as you said... in fact, joomla uses all of these.

joomla has 2 parts, the backend, where you configure all necessary settings for the site, install and add plugins or features! where the frontend is the actual and live page of your joomla website.

e.g.

you want a website that sells products... with joomla, you have to install or create your own components/plugin that is specifically for displaying your products, creates a shopping cart applications for payment and etc.

hope thats useful!

manzoor

Reaction score
Not to be a smartass - but all ( or most ) of your questions could of been answered by simply looking up Joomla's website and reading their official website to answer your questions.

Yup he's right, look up the official website or Google it

Remember Google is your best friend ;)

Steveo88796

Reaction score
Joomla IMOOOO is the best CMS, its easy to manage and there are a ton of templates for it