What is the Best AntiVirus?

Which do you think is the best AntiVirus?

• Kaspersky

Votes: 126 20.2%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • Eset Nod32

Votes: 93 14.9%
  • McAfee

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • Nortorn

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • TrendMicro

Votes: 9 1.4%
  • AVG

Votes: 122 19.6%
  • Avast

Votes: 125 20.0%
  • CA

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • F-Secure, PCTools, Webroot, Panda or Other

Votes: 47 7.5%

• Total voters

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, AVG never picked up and viruses for me... Not even when I visit sites. By the way what happaned to panda wasn't it at the top.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Panda is not very popular. Only one person voted for that option and it was about Avira.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Panda used to be popular a few years ago but I guess not anymore.. Also how can you guys afford KasperSky lol.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I believe that a lot of people that use Kaspersky don't pay for it, but recently that got a lot harder.

lastrider

Reaction score
I use Norton on my desktop and Avast on my laptop. Both I'm happy with and both do the job well.

I voted for Norton, since I use my desktop the most. I know a lot of people don't like it but tbh I have never had any problems with it.

Though the only reason I use it, is because it came free with my BT Broadband, and this version they give is actually pretty decent. It's not the average retail Norton, it's their protection centre offered by Yahoo I think. It has it's own firewall and malware protection, plus no subscriptions which is great.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Well I guess it is clear what AVs are the good, but who wants to see a winner?

Dan

Reaction score
This thread is now Stickied as it comes up absolutely all the time and it would be a lot better for there just to be one.

Any more threads similar to this, including just 1 AnitVirus v Another one will be closed with a link to this thread.

omoney

Reaction score
I think AVG is the best antivirus. There is a free version for regular users and a paid version for corporations. AVG does a good job at detecting viruses and best of all it's free!

stunna

Reaction score
Well when it comes on to antivirals I couldn't make up my mind so I just got AVG free.

mifuyu

Reaction score
I just installed ESET Nod32 and so far, I'm liking it. The only thing I don't like about Kaspersky is the sound effects. x3; But its good nevertheless. ^^ And AVG 8 free is good too.

trucki

Reaction score
Re: What is the Best AntiVirus? - Help those indecisive

get Kaspersky
fast and very safe , I've no problems with it
much better than norton

F

Fahad

I've tried a lot of antiviruses: Avast, AVG, Avira from the frees, Kaspersky, Panda and NOD32 from the paids.
My favourite from the frees has to be avast. Easy to use, not a memory hog, catches a lot of viruses.
But my favourite of all antiviruses is NOD32 (actually Eset Smart Security, which is the whole package). Yet to find an infection it won't remove - even those fake antiviruses.

LuciFerAngel

Reaction score
I tried all of them , Norton is the worst , NOD32 is the best even it has some minor problems but its the best in dealing with viruses , i hate the way kaspersky dealing with viruses , that is my opinion

Tenchu98

Reaction score
I have been working with vius removal for a couple months now, and all but one of the infected computers that have come in were running AVG, so avoid it at all costs. If it doesn't recognize the virus, it ignores it.

scottnj

Reaction score
I have used Norton (disabled right now), McAffe, and AVG, and they were always anoying, used to much RAM/CPU, or just sucked sometimes.