What is the Best AntiVirus?

Which do you think is the best AntiVirus?

• Kaspersky

Votes: 126 20.2%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • Eset Nod32

Votes: 93 14.9%
  • McAfee

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • Nortorn

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • TrendMicro

Votes: 9 1.4%
  • AVG

Votes: 122 19.6%
  • Avast

Votes: 125 20.0%
  • CA

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • F-Secure, PCTools, Webroot, Panda or Other

Votes: 47 7.5%

• Total voters

BloggerAdmin

Reaction score
I really like AVG, not to mention I'm cheap and a lot of the purchasable ones are so bloated in price and slow with updates. I tried Avira and didn't prefer it, it really had an ugly (IMO) interface and was not very user-friendly (might just be me, though) - I go a bit overboard, though, and do weekly (Saturday) scans on my computer, set one right after the other (AVG, Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D) after my spouse almost fried our computer with some wicked malware and virus issues, I've sort of learned my lesson.

Last edited:

Blazer9131

Reaction score
personally, I like Kaspersky and Bitdefender, just that BD takes up a bit more usages..

By far the best/most protecting Anti virus program is Avira. You NEED to check this program out. they do offer a free version, same database as the premium, just not those extra things =P

~Blaze

808solutions

Reaction score
Personally i do not use AV's but my suggestion would be either AVG or Estnod32 (easy) estnod usally picks up everything and just makes it disapear before you even find out yourself AVG of course is a little bigger and alerts you more often...out of the 2 i would say AVG cause they update more often and alot :p

jorrel

Reaction score
Well, BitDefender is really good.

But the additional load really bothers me.

anger2headshot

Reaction score
Well, Avast. Simply because it's free and does an excellent job.

Plus, the screensaver is nice for lazy people.

Mac OS X Flurry ported to Windows, plus avast scanning at the same time, plus my laziness = win.

Teensweb

Reaction score
I believe that a lot of people that use Kaspersky don't pay for it, but recently that got a lot harder.
Very True (nor do I- I just reset the trial or use some anonymous key) BUt its worth buying if u ask me!
I would go with a Norton (note : there is a mistake with the spelling given on the poll) installation, b'coz there is this gurantee that they will give you a 10 year complete support free of cost, if you can report any virus that their scanner cannot 'detect'.
Do u care abt a a 10 year free protection or the safety of ur computer?
I've got to transfer files from school, and public computers always have viruses (even though, they use Kapersky) I've tried Avast and Norton AV, but I think neither of them is good enough. However, after I installed Nod32, it always detects and cleans the viruses in my pendrive, that's why I believe this is the best AV.
Just because some Avs catch a lot of viruses doesnt mean its good u know!(it might be false detections.
I use kaspersky and the only thing that bothers me is the startup.Since I started using KIS (last year) i never had to format am PC (win xp) due to a virus.
And if at all some virus gets into ur comp, its best to remove them manually (i usally goole abt them) rather than depending on Avs

Last edited:

Max1337

Reaction score
I just recently got myself a copy of a multi-license for Kaspersky Anti-Virus...
The license works for 14,000 computers!

I crossed off my info and license number, cuz you don't need to see that ;)

Attachments

• KAV multi license.JPG
    KAV multi license.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 61

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I just recently got myself a copy of a multi-license for Kaspersky Anti-Virus...

I crossed off my info and license number, cuz you don't need to see that ;)

Wow, that is a lot of licenses. How much did that cost in general? I'm guessing a lot?

xPlozion

Reaction score
mind sharing :D?

i've got nod32 and it's pretty good as well. i haven't tried kaspersky, but they're both right up there at the top of the list, while the more known to the average pc user (norton, mcafee) are at the bottom of the list :p

Last edited:

idiil

Reaction score
I must be really out of the loop here. I really wouldn't have thought that AVG would overtake Kaspersky or even Avast in users. Must be because it's free.
Norton also got more votes than I would have guessed. I thought Kaspersky would have taken all their users by now.

Vanillailla

Reaction score
Re: What is the Best AntiVirus? - Help those indecisive

IMO:
Best Paid - Kaspersky
Best Free- (I use) Avast.

In almost a year of using avast, it is by far the best anti-virus for the LIGHT windows user.

For true protection, get Kaspersky. In my test, AVG couldn't even sniff a simple batch trojan that Kapserky and Avast got.

idiil

Reaction score
Re: What is the Best AntiVirus? - Help those indecisive

IMO:
Best Paid - Kaspersky
Best Free- (I use) Avast.

In almost a year of using avast, it is by far the best anti-virus for the LIGHT windows user.

For true protection, get Kaspersky. In my test, AVG couldn't even sniff a simple batch trojan that Kapserky and Avast got.
That's more what I was expecting to see. Kaspersky has always had a good record of detecting the latest threats.
AVG's detection rate, from what I remember, has always been poor. I remember being able to easily find malicious programs that AVG couldn't detect.

Why don't more people like Eset? Their detection rate is high and their resource usage and speed is unmatched.
I would have expected Avira to be up there, it does have a free version after all.

nterror

Reaction score
Yeah, I grabbed a pack that had trojans, AVG did nothing.

Tried again with NOD32 and it caught them before it finished downloading, and stopped the connection. Resource usage is great.

Teensweb

Reaction score
I presume that the license is only for the version 6.......?

Max1337

Reaction score

Max1337

Reaction score
Wow.. Lol.
Meaning, if Kaspersky was to release a newer version of their Anti-Virus... Such as version 7... My license would work on it, cuz I can "upgrade" from version 6 to version 7...
As long as my license were to stay in-tact... but the license doesn't expire until March 2011...
So I can keep updating/upgrading for no charge until that date.

eliasr

Reaction score
Avira Antivir, now i have ~4 years using it.

Its free, the "Personal Eition", without anti-spyware, but Ad-aware make the work, also use low resources, great heuristic system, quiet, full customizable.

More, and pass the "USB Plague" at my University the last year. By the way NOD32 defends the PC's at Computer Center and failed.