What is the Best AntiVirus?

Which do you think is the best AntiVirus?

• Kaspersky

Votes: 126 20.2%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • Eset Nod32

Votes: 93 14.9%
  • McAfee

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • Nortorn

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • TrendMicro

Votes: 9 1.4%
  • AVG

Votes: 122 19.6%
  • Avast

Votes: 125 20.0%
  • CA

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • F-Secure, PCTools, Webroot, Panda or Other

Votes: 47 7.5%

• Total voters

Tariqul Islam

Reaction score
In my point of view, Avast is very light anti-virus, I mean this anti-virus annoy the user very less and work in background and can find and kill most of the computer viruses. I like it most.

liketobemad

Reaction score
I am using AVG free from quiet a long time.. no major issues with it, so I haven't tried any other antivirus , but the free version is ofcourse not much proactive in healing the viruses ... But I use Norton the recent version on my work computer.. and it is very great and is really a solid defence.

OliverG

Reaction score
Avast for me..but a bit annoying when it detects virus or malicious malaware it sounds like your on the spaceship. :lol:

bitsen

Reaction score
kaspersky is the best antivirus .....

It will clean all the virus and trojan

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Linux. :)

But if I was forced to use Windows I would use AVG Free and back up all my data often, cos I can fix most damage caused by Viruses.

~Callum

nxtitle

Reaction score
Oh, well that's simple, it's ClamAV! ;)
Okay, not really. Clam may be open source, but it pretty much sucks.

My favourite one is AVG Free, simply because it's free and it works really well. It catches most of the viruses I create ;)
Before AVG, I used to use Mcafee, and it was pretty nice. I don't know what it's like now though, since it's been so long.

On my windows machine, I don't even have a virus scanner, I just get rid of the viruses myself with a collection of other tools. Once you have enough of an understanding of how your computer works under the hood, you can do that.

Or you can just use Linux ;)

dharshan

Reaction score
I didnt vote for any of the products above. sorry but in my opinion, with a 9 years of experience, I have learned that virus guards not good, but on product is relatively better than another. i have used many top leading virus guards and have seen PC's going down by virus attacks with virus guards still on.

you cannot say this is better and this is not, but comparatively say this product is better that the other.

vineethmhn

Reaction score
My ranking would be like this...

Free antivirus
1. AVAST Home edition
2. AntiVir
3. AVG Free

Paid programs
1. ESET NOD32 4 - Light weight, easy daily updates, fast scanning
2. Kaspersky - Feature-rich, complex, requires training, heavy on RAM
3. BitDefender - Heavy on system, simple interface, good updates

Apart from an antivirus, we need to have a dependable personal firewall and an anti-spyware. It is better to got for system security suites. All the above paid programs offer such versions.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
I use a different antivirus:
brain (+knowledge of how an OS works)

It's quite a good tool for keeping your computer virus-free...

(What else do you expect for someone with an OS where there are virtually no viruses?)

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
I use Avira AntiVir (free). Well first of all its free,...and secondly it seems to offer good protection. There is an occasional nag screen, but for the most part, it is quite unobtrusive.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I use Avira AntiVir (free). Well first of all its free,...and secondly it seems to offer good protection. There is an occasional nag screen, but for the most part, it is quite unobtrusive.

You can remove that daily nag screen whenever updates are ran. You need to open up the Local Security Policy in your operating system and find the avnotify.exe file and set it to not be able to be read or written.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
For me Eset Nod 32 is best. Actually speaking. ESET Smart security what i am using. Till now i didn't get any problems with that. I prefer to know about the anti-viruses information on http://www.virusbtn.com

posidyn

Reaction score
Has anyone used Sunbelt Vipre and Firewall?

http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/

If you buy the Firewall THEN order the Vipre you can get it for quite cheap.

I am looking for a complete AntiVirus + Firewall setup at the moment. Kinda deciding between AVG everything(paid subscription) and Eset and now Sunbelt.

I used to use FSecure. Real resource hog but works well.

bradym

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have been using AVG Free for a number of years now. CNET rates Avira and AVG both with 5 stars, but the users rate AVG a half star higher than Avira, for whta that's worth. I like AVG, it runs in the background with only a minimal of hesitation on the machine, and has never given me a false positive.

marley17

Reaction score
i never really buy personal anti virus .. but ive tried all the products from your choices.. kaspersky would be realy great for a paid one. but i love to use eset nod32.. lightweight and realy had no issues for years now..and there are sites which you could get keys for it.. lolz .. i mean keys not patch or whatsoever like. anyways had bad experiences using bitdefender.. upload and download speed very slow especialy using ftp's...

Last edited:

apoorav

Reaction score
Kaspersky is great. If you are concerned about performance, NOD32 seems to be the way to go, but Kaspersky is a close second.

In India Quick Heal is Good also!;)
Edit:

Avira is not good my friend it is free and u can think that all good things are not free u must go for Kaspersky;)

Last edited:

xPlozion

Reaction score
i'm currently testing kaspersky internet security 2010, but have used eset ss a lot in the past (very good suite).

newegg actually had a 3user/2yr avg security suite for free after mir on thursday