What is the Best AntiVirus?

Which do you think is the best AntiVirus?

• Kaspersky

Votes: 126 20.2%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • Eset Nod32

Votes: 93 14.9%
  • McAfee

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • Nortorn

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • TrendMicro

Votes: 9 1.4%
  • AVG

Votes: 122 19.6%
  • Avast

Votes: 125 20.0%
  • CA

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • F-Secure, PCTools, Webroot, Panda or Other

Votes: 47 7.5%

• Total voters

smurfboi76

Reaction score
I haven't used an anti virus in like a year now because of my operating system not being really all that venerable to them. But when I am called over to my certain operating system friends house. I normally try to use what ever anti virus that comes on there computer normally it is Norton or Macfee(SP?). I generally give that a run then I install Spybot Search & Destroy then Adaware. Finally after I run those two I use my favorite and in my unprofessional opinion Housecall by TrendMicro. It is a computer saver.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
I had used all antivirus .. but the besty of then is ESET NOD32 Its less memory hungry////
Edit:
The worst antivirus i used is bit defender.. ful of bugs whenever i scan my system it whipes out system files and my pc restarts,sluggish performance......

Last edited:

maxmusic

Reaction score
I love Avast. Only the fact that it start before Windows really help to erase some malicious treats. It's fast, easy to use, don't stop every programs that start for the first time and was able to erase a virus i got that neither norton nor Avg could track. And it's free for personnal use :)

whitmantech

Reaction score
i tend to like nod32. its more customizable than many of the other anti-virus programs listed, and I find it to be much faster.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Avast is best among all those AVs' listed here. Quick heal is also good

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
ESET NOD32 is the best antivirus. Because it is very light.

Its performance is also very good

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
But i think it is more expensive... and i think i can`t afford it.

well I am Happy with my current Anti virus

Last edited:

wongers

Reaction score
isnt the list of AVs a bit .. .. .. one sided as it contains free versions and versions that require subscription?

mothmann

Reaction score
wow i cant believe 21 % has voted AVG. yes its free. BUT it installs spyware on your computer.

i dont use one so iono.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
wow i cant believe 21 % has voted AVG. yes its free. BUT it installs spyware on your computer.

i dont use one so iono.

AVG Free Edition doesn't install Spyware on PCs. I used to use it in the past before I moved to Avast! AVG is pretty much trusted amongst the tech community. The reason why it hasn't been liked as much recently is due to the recent bloat AVG has put on in the past. Their most recent build of the scanner has been a bit quicker on older machines though.

Last edited:

phazzedout

Reaction score
Avast! I vote in Avast! The reasons are simple, it does not eat up much of my RAM as much as many other AVs do. Also the first scan I did (6 months ago) was the last I ever did. The resident shield scans every program I download, every page I visit, and every email I open. It evens scans all my P2P clients (which is allegedly the hideout for malware).

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I set my AVG to do a quick scan during the idle time (at night, starting at 2h30 during night) of my computer. I also have the resident shield and every single file access, internet connection is monitored. I haven't had any problem since.

icywind

Reaction score
Why Microsoft Security Essentials is not listed? I'm using it now under Windows 7 and having no problem even there is a flash disk inserted to my computer from other computer that maybe infected. Well Windows 7 is more secure + Microsoft Security Essentials. No need to use third party programs.

tichinde

Reaction score
In terms of keeping you safe from infection with it's resident scanner as well as the ability to perform boot time scans, it's got to be Avast!.
It's currently eating a minute 58MB of memory. You can't say fairer than that.

If ONLY they hadn't missed a trick and had the voiceover guy doing a pirate voice.

"AHAAAARR!!! Your Virus definitions be updated they be!! AVAST!"
:)

Anyone else already fed up of the new voice they have though?