What is the Best AntiVirus?

Which do you think is the best AntiVirus?

• Kaspersky

Votes: 126 20.2%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • Eset Nod32

Votes: 93 14.9%
  • McAfee

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • Nortorn

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • TrendMicro

Votes: 9 1.4%
  • AVG

Votes: 122 19.6%
  • Avast

Votes: 125 20.0%
  • CA

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • F-Secure, PCTools, Webroot, Panda or Other

Votes: 47 7.5%

• Total voters

wolf99

Reaction score
Very unimpressed with Avira free version Ive been using, continuously opicking up ttrojans, which it detects but cannot identify and is not able to remove or quarantine effectively,, so itsw basically just software that sits in my tray and uses resources and bandwidth on updates....

meganetc

Reaction score
for sure it's Kaspersky for the great scurity that it provide and the more security options like autorun killer without no need of extra programs and securing surfing and all of that inside the antivirus i thing we have to respect it

bdbod1

Reaction score
Avira is my first choice and then Kaspersky. When I first use kaspersky, I lost my mind control cause due to this soft my internet connection, downloading, uploading was totally going down. But later, i learn how to use it and amazed how nice a anti-virus. And about avira free version i use in my home pc. That is also a good software working perfectly.

ravik

Reaction score
Avira Antivir v10 free for Home user
(Some false positives although)

Kaspersky is a pain
(Loads of false positives. Unable to protect from USB virus)
Why use when better alternative is available at no cost?

fekete

Reaction score
Interesting to see all the tools listed and the prejudices from all sides without a great deal of objectivity. I have tried many of the tools listed but not all and have settled on Microsoft Security Essentials (not even listed for consideration) and find it as good if not superior and much less intrusive than most.

I would expect more objectivity from the selction process or some expertise regarding available tools for the purpose of the survey.

========================================================
The problem with the world is ignorance and apathy
but most people don't know and don't care!

pentium42006

Reaction score
I've been using Avast for a couple of years now and have been very satisfied with it. The recent release of version 5 showed many improvments that will keep me using it in the future.

Anytime I come across a computer with McAfeeeeee, Norton, or something else completely outdated, the 1st thing I do is install Avast for them.

admael

Reaction score
My choice would have to be EAV (NOD32). I started with them when they were just 2.5. Everything you can ask for in an anti-virus; highly configurable, small footprint, low profile, non-intrusive, and effective. I gave ESS a try... ridiculous, the two programs are nothing alike.

claxon

Reaction score
The best antrivirus is you. Use carely the internet and you'll not have problem with virus and resources consumption.

admael

Reaction score
The best antrivirus is you. Use carely the internet and you'll not have problem with virus and resources consumption.

While there isn't replacement for a vigilance and common sense, there certainly isn't a replacement for a second line of defense.

eazyb

Reaction score
I have been running avast on my computer for 3 years. I am very satisfied with this antivirus. Regular updates and good support of the users - that is what interests me. I tried NOD32 on my laptop as it was recommended to me by friend but avast is still the best.

sbacchas

Reaction score
You know what makes me mad those websites where they say your computer is infected and when you try to close out a download window pops up lol

priyaa161

Reaction score
Quick Heal (not in the list) is the best antivirus and I like it very much but it is very expensive for me to buy. :(

Last edited:

lukoot

Reaction score
Re: What is the Best Anti Virus?

i have been using avast for a long time and i always install it on friends computers for them but i decided on a change about a week ago and installed nod 32 it found a worm on one of my computers that avast must have not seen but i voted for avast as it has been a very good anti virus software to me for the longest time

tekkie77

Reaction score
IMHO (In My Humble Opinion), AVG and Norton are the best. I have tried both, never had any problems! (Except i had Norton 2006 and I tried to find the virus because it was not removing, and i didn't see the full address on the C:\ Drive). The newer versions of Norton work better, but are expensive to upgrade. I voted for Norton, because I used it the longest. Thank yew :wink:8).

Reasonfalling

Reaction score
Wow... I would never had guessed that Kaspersky was so popular. When I delved in that I couldn't stand the interface and lack of complete control on the system I had. As for protection, for me, everything feels the same. There really is no true test out there for what system can stop what since I highly doubt that someone purchases all the systems and goes out looking for virus's to see which one stops it first. (Well unless they're paid to do that...)

As for my personal choice, Norton, I really can't say that it's amazing, but it's effective. It gave me tools that I enjoy using and so far hasn't crashed the system. Which in my experience seems to be a plus. My only problem is that it won't stop complaining about the lack of backup space and keeps prompting me to upgrade it. Yeah... that's not going to happen. My computer holds 600gb of space and we have a 500gb external hardrive attached. That would cost way too much to upgrade the backup space....

redoakranch

Prime Account
Reaction score
For Windows, I've not been displeased with AVG. I keep TRYING to like CA (I'm in their partner program, so it behooves me to do so), but for the past year or so it's been a struggle. :-/

For the most *bullet proof* AV solution, I am an advocate of booting off a live Linux CD preconfigured for the booting box. If there will be children using the box, I also advocate gluing the CD tray SHUT. lol

winner1

Reaction score
I have been using kaspersky for quite a long time. And I am very happy with its performance. And I also recommend this AV to all of my friends.
No doubt it is best.