What is the Best AntiVirus?

Which do you think is the best AntiVirus?

• Kaspersky

Votes: 126 20.2%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • Eset Nod32

Votes: 93 14.9%
  • McAfee

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • Nortorn

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • TrendMicro

Votes: 9 1.4%
  • AVG

Votes: 122 19.6%
  • Avast

Votes: 125 20.0%
  • CA

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • F-Secure, PCTools, Webroot, Panda or Other

Votes: 47 7.5%

• Total voters

locogeek94

Reaction score
For me these are what I use:
Free:
Comodo Free Antivirus + Firewall = complete package including firewall. Also has sand boxing technology. Only neg: when HIPS set at max protection, additional popups can be an bothersome.
Microsoft Security Essentials. Only neg: scanning takes very long.

Paid:
Defense Wall Firewall - full sandboxing
Avira Antivirus

This list may change as other software may improve in the future.

FrozenTime

Reaction score
Haven't had any trouble with McAffee or Avast, but since Avast is free, I'd go with that, but if you have COX internet, McAffee is also free. Both of them don't take up too much RAM either (I remember when we purchased CA, it took up so much RAM on our Windows XP that the computer became extremely slow). F-Secure is also a pretty good antivirus, and I would be willing to recommend that as well. Norton and AVG didn't work out very well as far as keeping out viruses, but I haven't used those in so long that I'd bet they've gotten better by now.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
Have to go with ESET. Macafee and Norton have been having problems lately. They also hog a ton of resources. ESET hasn't ever missed anything on any of my computers.

cncrevenge15

Reaction score
Well, Eset needn't much power, but its slow and makes often fakewarnings for example its say, flashplayer is a virus.
Norton is really the best, but it slowdown your pc because it have much animation, but is the best

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
kaspersky deletes all infected files including those in the system32 folder.
others dont do such...
so kaspersky is good one.

lmpure

Reaction score
I've used avast for the most part, mainly because its extremely user friendly and free, however the best in my opinion is ESET

sotirismichail53

Reaction score
I don't understand why Microsoft Security Essentials is not an option in this poll.It is a great,free and lightweight Virus protection and Malware removal program.But you must have genuine Windows XP/Vista/7 to use it.Every other antivirus out there is just too heavy or it doesn't detect anything.

kaushal.aniket26

Reaction score
I have used all Kaspersky, Quick Heal, BitDefender, Eset, Avast, Avira. Out of these Avast was the worst while Quick Heal & Avira are good. But I can still note a few faults in them. Did anyone notice "Net Protector Antivirus". It is best of bests I have encountered. But I guess it's not available outside India.

remy87x18

Reaction score
Hm, so far I had used Kaspersky, McAfee, Avast, AVG, and Norton. My favorite is Norton. My nephew laptop got a virus, avast failed its duty, I uninstalled all from my PCs and laptop.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Though I have been using Eset for a while now I see kaspersky is a viable option.
Recently I had to format my Win 7 as the eset guarded PC could not see a virus in a theme that I installed.Thus even the best antiviruses fail if we are not alert.

Jennacide

Reaction score
What's the best anti-virus? I'll tell you... QUIT SURFING PR0N! You can have the world's most deadly computer virus on your machine and until you actually "activate" it, it's absolutely harmless... try to keep that in mind. *smiles*

moufoo78

Reaction score
As a free antivirus I would definitely recommend Avast. Especially since they changed their interface and added a sandbox mode.

If you are willing to pay the price, you should probably go for Kaspersky, but beware, it might seem a little bit complex for an antivirus.

arun1988_00777

Reaction score
hi frnds avast is a best anti virus in those which i used.. I had used several antiviruses like avira, avg, Norton, kaspersky and eset in these anti virus i like most and i m still using from last year............gkfunnia.comhttp://gkfunnia.com