What is the best RPG game?

phazzedout

Reaction score
I need opinions not professional critiques from people who analyze little thing. I need to buy a game, any time age, must be PC though.

I would like to know what is your favorite RPG game you have ever played. My favorite RPG is Oblivion, anything like this game I would like to see. Online games are not exception.

:thefinger

grushca

Reaction score
World of warcraft
even on a hacked server it would be AMAZING (free server=no monthly subs. charges)

wrath99

Reaction score
Mine are between World of warcraft as the Best MMORPG, and Dragon Age as the Greatest alltime RPG

phazzedout

Reaction score
I know I have tried WoW, lol but I do not have money to pay monthly. Someone suggested Fallout 3 but I think they erased their post. I will try that. :D

posidyn

Reaction score
Isn't Oblivion the best? OK that question was not helpful, but I do like Oblivion a lot. Haven't finished it yet though.

The other RPG that I like a lot is the Baldur's Gate Saga. It has got an excellent story. Unlike oblivion it is party based rather than single player based AND it is not first person.

mac173

Reaction score
For an MMO, DDO is now free to play. You have the option to go monthly, but you can earn all rewards and expansion areas in game. If you like PnP RP, this is the game for you.

Otherwise, the only other option would be a Lifetime subscription to LOTRO. It is an expense up front, but you never pay again. I have two accounts since beta, and it saves me tons over monthly.

As to games like Oblivion, I don't have any suggestions. I tend to like MMO's better than single person games.

phpmain2

Reaction score
I would have to say the Call of Duty series (I believe it still counts since you do play as certain soldiers). I am currently playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and the graphics are amazing! (at least, in my opinion)

Storyline's pretty good, too. :lockd:

phazzedout

Reaction score
FPS? Bleh. Thank you for the recommedation but I am ok. I never truly enjoyed FPS, even RPG FPS. In any case I already played most of COD games except World at War. They are fun but I mostly enjoy games like Oblivion, Gothic, and Morrowind.

techmunchies

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good about Dragon Age, and my roommate seems to like it as well. Maybe you should give it a try?

Reaction score
Well i have 3 RPG Games that are the best .

For PSP:
Monster Hunter Freedom

PC:
World of Warcraft
Runescape.