What is the best RPG game?

daifang

Reaction score
there is no best, everyone has their own opinions and views on things, you should of asked what do you think is the best video game that is made in RPG style for you. refering to the person who replys to your post.

for me I actually enjoy Dragon Age Origins a lot more than Oblivion with expansions included. However I wish I could play Fable 2, but I do not own a xbox because why should I buy one just for 1 game?

Now as for online games, I really dunno yet but Allods Online looks promising according to me being in beta with it.

As for games that isn't out yet, I would say Star Trek online for Tactical/Strategic View point in a Scifi RPG game.

For all out action Blades & Soul by ncsoft which is in production by Lineage 2 Dev Team.

All of those look very promising and some of them (Dragon Age Origins) I'm addicted to playing due to the cinematic type of playing style that they introduce to the game as if you were playing a movie itself. :)

phazzedout

Reaction score
there is no best, everyone has their own opinions and views on things, you should of asked what do you think is the best video game that is made in RPG style for you. refering to the person who replys to your post.

I know. I believe I did state that I want personal opinions not professional critiques. I also said my favorite is Oblivion, so I would like a game around that.

As for Final Fantasy, I enjoy turn-based... to an extent. Then I get bored. I enjoyed it for the first 2 hours though. Thank you. Imma try Neverwinter next.

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by daifang

Agreed, but there has got to be a best game??? Hasn't there :O

:p

phazzedout

Reaction score
Agreed, but there has got to be a best game??? Hasn't there :O

:p

:nuts:

LOL to the person there will always be a best game. During my Nintendo 64 faze I thought Zelda OOT was the best game ever, then I played Conker's and I thought that one was the best game ever. Other can disagree and say Conker's Bad Fur Day is a sad excuse of a game. It is truly up to the person. The same goes to the Halo fanboys, some people think Halo is a rip from Half- Life making it less desirable. Depends.

fosters

Reaction score
oblivion is awesome. another favorite rpg is Heroes of might and magic. 3 and 4 are the best although the newest, five is okay but made by a new company.

phazzedout

Reaction score
oblivion is awesome. another favorite rpg is Heroes of might and magic. 3 and 4 are the best although the newest, five is okay but made by a new company.

Thank you for your recommendation. Oblivion is awesome. I bought that game twice, once for PC and the other for XBox. I prefer PC in any case. I added some Mods that made the game larger, the mods on the XBox cost like 10 bucks each.

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
Thank you for your recommendation. Oblivion is awesome. I bought that game twice, once for PC and the other for XBox. I prefer PC in any case. I added some Mods that made the game larger, the mods on the XBox cost like 10 bucks each.

Oblivion FTW!!!!!! I love halo though :D so halo and oblivion FTW!!!!!!

skai123

Reaction score
my favourite MMO on PC is Ragnarok Online

haven't played single player RPG on computers

xmentalx

Reaction score
definitely not world of warcraft. no offense to the people who play it but that game is just for people with half a life!

phazzedout

Reaction score
definitely not world of warcraft. no offense to the people who play it but that game is just for people with half a life!

LOL, I know and I can't afford that game. I don't have 15 dollars a month lying around.. sadly. I heard about private servers though, apparently they are free.

silkje

Reaction score
maaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssss effeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeect!

Not normally into rpg (i think this counts though) loved the story in it and looking forward to the second one coming out this month!

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
maaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssss effeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeect!

Not normally into rpg (i think this counts though) loved the story in it and looking forward to the second one coming out this month!

TBH, I couldn't be are*ed with this game, its so boring at the start, ive heard so many good things about it but for me it sucked, I normal complete games but I didnt for mass effect!

corruptedheart

Reaction score
Few RPGs

I've played a few RPG's in my short lifetime and the Neverwinter Night series from Icewindale to NWN is brilliant, NWN 2 with expansions is great..

Lately I have been playing Fallout 3, Dragon Age Origin and Divinity II.

Fallout 3: Is similar to Oblivion as in it uses the same game engine but it's much more modern with guns ect.

Dragon Age: Provides different backgrounds to how you can play the game as which adds a bit more variety to the usual linearness of games...

Divinity II: All I'm going to say is that you can eventually turn into a dragon and fly around... What more could you desire from any game? The graphics require a pc that breaths methanol and sniffs cocaine for kicks...

silkje

Reaction score
TBH, I couldn't be are*ed with this game, its so boring at the start, ive heard so many good things about it but for me it sucked, I normal complete games but I didnt for mass effect!

Cant argue with that as i felt the same for the first 30minutes, but being a complete "renegade" and the shootouts on missions gave it that kick! Got a good 20 hours of game play in there from me..

Its actually opened me up to more rpgs now, generally the traveling between places had put me off as id rather be blowing heads and chewing bubble gum >.<

Im waiting for a good deal on fallout 3 too now as it seems to be a fav for many.

phazzedout

Reaction score
Im waiting for a good deal on fallout 3 too now as it seems to be a fav for many.

Imma have to wait and see if it gets cheaper too. I heard it is very good as well. Seeing as how it runs on the same engine as Oblivion I will definetly have to see it. I love Oblivion, although the intro song does not stick in your heard like the Intro (Theme) song for Zelda: Ocarina of Time. That song will always stick in my head until I die (Brings back my childhood memories :'( good times )

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
Cant argue with that as i felt the same for the first 30minutes, but being a complete "renegade" and the shootouts on missions gave it that kick! Got a good 20 hours of game play in there from me..

Its actually opened me up to more rpgs now, generally the traveling between places had put me off as id rather be blowing heads and chewing bubble gum >.<

:D lol but really it did bore me to death - I thought I was going to die :(