What is the importance of vps hosting

edwinshunghinhui60

Reaction score
I hear people talking about vps hosting am a upcoming web developer please i would love to get more information on vps hosting and would like to know if it is the same thing with remote desktop.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
VPS is a virtual private server. Its main use is when you need scripts that run countlessly or have resource intensive scripts.
A windows based VPS would have a remote desktop, but linux vps are generally terminal/shell only. If you have never used linux before, i would recommend against it.

threedee

Reaction score
I hear people talking about vps hosting am a upcoming web developer please i would love to get more information on vps hosting and would like to know if it is the same thing with remote desktop.

Having a VPS is like having your own server (just not a dedicated one) which is independent from other users unlike using shared hosting, and you get your own resources for yourself, usually with bigger disk space and higher bandwidth allocation, with your own RAM and CPU resource.

Having remote desktop to a Windows VPS is usually a given but with Linux-based VPS, you mostly need to deal with terminal access. Though you can have remote desktop access to your VPS via NX clients (NX or FreeNX) if your VPS specs can afford it (RAM, speed) and if your VPS host allows it of course.

zacemanager64

Reaction score
It's not secure at all. Mostly when you are runing on windows server 2003 most of those vulnerable scanners can hack do.

I do not think it's dat important.

edwinshunghinhui60

Reaction score
Yea ahh... the truth is noithing is secured when it comes to the internet. I guest the most brute force vulnebeility soft only guess by using dic words so password such as 2938sjjnss;;sjs' cant be hacked except when spamed.

VPS hosting is for enterprise bussiness making it easy to communicate and trasfer of files working on a remote database think about it.

nesia28

Reaction score
VPS is most advantageous as it provides the services of both a dedicated server and a shared hosting server. The VPS is a big server broken down into many small virtual servers, each having their own operating system. Each user can operate on a VPS server separately and independently.

gangoos88

Reaction score
The most of all you will get full root access and control to do almost anything..

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It's worth noting that the X10Hosting VPS plans have changed since this thread was started. I manage 2 X10 VPSes and I would be glad to offer my opinion if anyone has further questions. Please PM me using the forum if I can help you any.