What is the longest it has taken a mod to answer your question?

How long has it been for you?

• Less than 24 hours

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • More than 24 hours

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It's been about 20 hours here. Forum posts and tickets are of no avail.

The only time they listen to you is if you break a rule.

Seriously, Corey, get more staff. Please.

Reaction score
You must understand that these people have lives too and have only volunteered their services to this forum. Maybe the moderators have skipped your threads by mistake as they probably have many to go through each day - mistakes can be made, afterall they are human too.

Corey IS hiring more staff - why don't you put an application form in yourself?

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Just to let you know, all of the x10 staff volunteer to work here. We have lives too as Martin said. Since it is summer time, many of the staff are on vacation as you can probably guess. ;)
The Account Managers and Administrators are working on getting the servers a lot more stable right now which is almost done. That in addition to about one third of the staff on vacation results in not so much time to answer tickets.
x10 is hiring more staff at the moment; we still have at least 3 more moderators to hire and soon some of the Account Managers will come back to take care of support tickets.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Just pointing out my vote is the one for "under 24 hours" - comes as a bit of an advantage to being a paying member, along with being on a server that doesn't need cleanup which keeps the admins too busy to answer tickets :)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
My questions are answered in under 24 hours. Of course, the staff are only on during certain times of the day so I have to wait.

LHVWB

Reaction score
Please note that all x10 hosting staff are volunteers, and that usually only account managers and above can help you with your hosting issues, moderators and senior moderators are only in charge of the forums.

Its pretty hectic at the moment with preparations so that the next version of x10 will be ready, at a time like this it is possible that support requests can slip through the net. Also, there are a lot of staff members away (especially Account managers, because its summer fo some of them).

Patience its a virtue in a time like this... ;)

CoolFinalFan

Reaction score
not long at all and I have the FREE hosting, gotta say it was under 24 hrs and was even under 6 hrs! requesting support does have certain protocols!

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
First, moderators can't deal with support requests; in our policies thread (in the hidden staff section) it says that only account manager and above may deal with support requests. Get your facts straight before you start bashing at the very least!

Second, we're all volunteers. We don't get paid, we get free hosting accounts just like you. Until you get to the rank of account manager, you don't even get any additions to your account - you get no payment at all.

Third, making threads like this is just rude; and will just make you get the lowest priority when you request support. The staff do, believe it or not, have feelings. Things like this make us unhappy, we get frowns on our faces. Just thought you might need this explaining to you.

Fourth, more staff are being hired, you'd know that we've hired two new staff this week if you'd read the news. You'd also know that many staff have been promoted this week too. As has been said above there's still places left. If you think it's so bad and you want to help instead of complaining, go and fill in the application form.

Thanks for being an x10Hosting member, I look forward to reading your moderator application form soon.

-Luke.

lachlanlindsay

Reaction score
The mods do a good job in fact unless my hosting plane was not working i would not complain as i have a free account. if you do need help i always find that there are a lot of members that can help you

Nathan H

Reaction score
Like has been said before by my fellow staff, We volunteer out time completely by choice when we moderate, and in our respective forums we do what we can, for example, im using my parents computer at the moment but i will soon have to go back to using library computers to get on and moderate. As for tickets in Support sections, moderators and seniour moderators are not allowed to reply AT ALL.

Alot of the High up staff are very busy at the moment working on making the new version of x10, which will make not only the servers more stable but also smoother.

We don't get paid at all to moderate, not even credits or account upgrades. We can still get suspended like other users for not following ToS.
It is unlikely any issue can be longer than 24hours to actually be noticed, but it can take a while to resolve. Ie Stoli is having some health issues at the moment, they are being worked on and server alerts are being posted. Please be patient and what you can also do for $1 a month is get VIp user which gives you access to priorety support forum as well.
We never ignore posts, but it can take a while sometimes to respond.
Considering as well this is a completely free host, the fact there is support at all is a gift.

nathanmarck

Reaction score
I'm still waiting but i have only just posted but as unfoundbug has said and tnl2k7 they volunteer if they wanted they could just ignore you but they dont so im happy

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
And here's the icing on the cake!

I posted multiple times to get help and no mod even made the attempt to answer. As soon as I say something that < removed by tnl2k7 > them off, every mod comes and has an answer.
Edit:
Also, look at this right here:

x10Hosting is committed to every service it provides:
Support

Our staff monitor the forums 24/7 for questions and problems.

This is right on the front of X10's main site.
To me and many others, this is a false claim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
If you don't like what you're getting, probably for FREE, then you know where the door is.
If you want more then PAY FOR IT or do it yourself and put in a moderator application.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
garrettroyce, watch your language. I apologise if our support staff aren't around, but I will NOT tolerate you being rude and bashing x10Hosting. We're improving the stability of all the servers right now, a lot of senior staff are working on that. We're reviewing loads of accounts for illegal material, so our account managers are all working on this. We're busy improving the site, if you can't take a lack of support for a few days, go and find another host. We don't like people whining and then not offering to help.

-Luke.

* Thread Closed *

Status
Not open for further replies.