What is the oldest/crappiest computer you've ever had

frankpee

Reaction score
I meant to type Pentium 133 but typed "5" for some reason.

At the time, I had no idea you could "build" a PC.

Since then, I've assembled every one of my systems, including the quad-core workstations now on my desk, which, with rebates, special Newegg codes, old cases, and careful shopping, cost less than $250 each.

corekernel_ru34

Reaction score
I had bought a refurbished 68k Mac in 1998 ( I do not remember the model but that was not so cheap ) and offered it to a friend . He owned a small shop and wanted to use it for accountancy and Internet. Unfortunately the O.S that the vendor installed was too recent for the model, the memory was too low and my friend had a 28kbds modem… It was taking approximately 10 minutes to load a web page , 15 minutes to start and load the extensions , and most of the time , it was freezing or you could be waiting 1 or 2 minutes to see the result of a key or mouse event . After a few times, it used to display many 'sad Mac' at startup and my friend became more and more infuriated. He finally decided to throw it away and congratulated me for my expert consultancy .( he said , next time , I'll buy one myself )

Last edited: