What is the world first PC Game

angmor

Reaction score
hmm, hard to say, might have been something on a terminal of sorts, i guess that could still be considered "PC"

but probably pong or something old school like that

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Yup pong I do believe from collecovision or from commodore 64 units

pgames

Reaction score
Space Invaders or Asteroids or Pong

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
Why don't you try googling it :). That's probably what everyone else here has done to find this out :D.

Psoewish

Reaction score
Jup, Spacewar is the first one ever, Pong was actually the first CONSOLE game =)

And no, I didn't Google it actually, I did a huge paper about all this stuff 2 years ago, or was it last year? Anyway, I remembered these nice-to-know stuff, don't ask me much moreabout it though cause that would mean digging up that paper =)

Total13

Reaction score
well the title of the thread is first 'pc' game so no, not electronic game

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
See Spacewar was made in 1961, I think theres one earlier than that:

WIKIPEDIA!:
On May 5, 1951, the NIMROD computer was presented at the Festival of Britain. Using a panel of lights for its display, it was designed exclusively to play the game of NIM; this was the first instance of a digital computer designed specifically to play a game.[4] NIMROD could play either the traditional or "reverse" form of the game.

SRC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_video_game

Thats assuming you don't count the one on a cathode ray tube, which you probably wouldn't since all it could do was a dot.

My argument for the NIMROD computer is that it was specifically designed to play the game NIM - the whole computer is actually a game, however it was programmed to run that game, hence it's a computer game, just not in the normal sense where it could do more than one.

So obviously I'm going 10 years before Spacewars and going with NIM, since it needed the exclusively built computer, and it's a game. Computer, Game. Not a Personal Computer game though, but it probably was the first actual computer game that was more than a dot on a ray tube :)