What is your favourite Christmas activity

What is your favourite Christmas activity?

• Shopping for, giving and getting presents

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Decorating the homestead and looking at others

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Consuming vast amounts of turkey, candy or punch

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • The extra time off work/school to play WOW

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

whitebus

Reaction score
Everyone view Christmas a little bit differently, even non Christians, but everyone has an activity that they look forward to during the holiday season. It could be a seasonal thing, or maybe it's just one of those things you do now, because it's easier to do at this time of year.

Who knows, maybe you do something that somebody else also loves doing, but just never thought of it. Share it with us!

fractalfeline

Reaction score
I like the holidays due to the fun decorations and the time away from work/school.

I hate the holidays due to increased traffic, increased people running around at the store, stupidity running rampant, and the blatant commercialization of a holiday that I think is meant to be about family, charity, and being thankful.

I'm also not looking forward to meeting the in-laws. And entertaining them for a few days while they're in town. And getting the apartment spotless for their impending arrival. Yuck.

But after two weeks of non-stop tests, I think I'll enjoy my time off. *collapse*

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I like the extra time off school to catch up on non-academic stuff (like x10Hosting :p). I don't play World of Warcraft, though, but I still voted for that option because it was the closest thing there was to what I like about Christmas time.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I chose the extra time off from school/work to stay home and play WOW even though I don't own World of Warcraft. I love playing my shooters when I'm not working, but even then if there was an option saying I enjoy going around fixing people's electronics, I'd choose that too. I'll do that any day.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't like any festival (except Diwali) but I love Christmas because I'm not a christian so I don't have to bother meeting relatives and many peoples and wasting my precious time of holiday in formality. Also I don't have to wake up early in the morning in winter (don't consider me lazy but Indians become lazy in winter due to its climate).

whitebus

Reaction score
Christmas/Hanukkah/Saturnalia/Solstice/Festivus whatever you want to call it, is appropriately timed to coincide with the shortest days in the northern hemisphere. It is the most depressing time of the year and the festivities are an age old remedy for poor morale. Giving, sharing, feasting, relaxing and celebrating are things that people from all walks of life can enjoy. If you're a computer geek (like us) it doesn't matter if it's WoW, CoD or sometimes even just a good ole MS upgrade, format and install... you can find something to distract you from the darkness outside.
I like to find my address book and go through it from a-z and call everybody to reconnect with them if I haven't seen them all year. Sometimes I have to cross the name and/or number out, but it's generally a fun time too.
Whatever you like to do, I wish you all the best at it, and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too.