What is your favourite game of all time?

leeka26

Reaction score
As all experienced gamers should know, the more modern a game is doesn't mean necessarily better. My personal favourite is Rome: Total War on pc, which I think is superb. What is your favourite game of all time?

black_sun

Reaction score
I'd have a hard time picking just one. I think it would be a 3 way tie between Earthbound (SNES), Age of Empires (PC) and Ultima Online (PC). I suppose you could say those are my favorites in their respective genres.

metroman

Reaction score
I don't really have a favorite game but I really like chess. It's a strategy game that's been around for more than 600 years.

risket

Reaction score
ZELDA!!!!

I love everything about the Zelda games. I haven't played ALL of them but these are my absolute favorites that I could pick up and play any day.

Ocarina of Time
A Link To The Past
Twilight Princess
The Wind Waker
Phantom Hourglass

My wife just got me Spirit Tracks for Christmas. I started playing it the other day and it's pretty awesome so far. Unfortunately the battery on my DS died and I think the charger is packed away somewhere. We recently moved and some stuff is in storage.

I also got her the new Super Mario Bros.Wii and it's awesome. So I'll have to add the Super Mario Bros. games to the list. Particularly:

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Galaxy
New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii

skai123

Reaction score
it's hard to name just 1, and my fave game changes from time to time... lol

tridge

Reaction score
Excuse me DIABLO II anyone!?!?!?!

I'm shocked nobody has listed this game as one of their favorites.

rob75991

Reaction score
:O
I cannot believe no one said HalfLife?
The entire series is AMAZING
by far my favourite game(s) EVER!

late555

Reaction score
Rebelstar Raiders, on the Spectrum.
Showing my age, there, but that series of games has had more of my time than any other. (Others in the series include Rebelstar and Laser Squad.)

In recent times, the Call of Duty games. Particularly loved the Nazi Zombies on CoD:WaW

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Now-a-days i am playing GTA 4

It is amazing. The graphics are so cool...

wongers

Reaction score
Now-a-days i am playing GTA 4

It is amazing. The graphics are so cool...

Don't you get bored of the GTA Series? i mean nothing changes in them except the graphics get a bit shinier every time. you get a car, you run over some cops, get a hooker and then kill her. by this time you'll have a 5 star wanted rating, get killed by the army and start again. . . . . i got bored of the GTA series after playing about an hour of GTA 4 :-(

Tbh im one of the very few who doesnt see the massive hype behind Diablo 2, although I am quite looking forward to Diablo 3 when ithat comes out :)

I recon no-one has mentioned the Half life specifically because Half-Life spawned Counter-Strike, later Half-Life 2 came out which spawned Counter-Strike: Source. now, looking back at the thread there is quite a few posts about Counter-Strike: Source.

and i have to admit the Pro Evolutions soccer series have always been great to play multiplayer with a few mates and a few beers :) but another thing i have never understood is the big competition between fifa and pro evo, they are virtually the same! big deal lol.