What scares you the most?

What scares you the most?

• Total voters

Mafuzzer

Reaction score
Gore and blood dont scare me a lot (Example Team Fortress 2). But games that just creep up on you.... It terifies me! (Half-Life 2, But itsa good game!)

madshell

Reaction score
The dark i answered.
But what really scares me is the knowledge that things are coming..... you just don't know when.
Things that pop up, like in horror movies, where you know that the bad guy is lurking and can come out at any time

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Spiders are just...bleah. I don't know why, but I hate spiders and bugs. I'm not particularly scared of heights or anything like that, but the idea of spiders crawling on me sends a shiver down my spine.

Clearly I'm not the only one :p

whitebus

Reaction score
There's nothing scarier than people, whether it's the clown or the crazed axe murderer. And yes people can also be the most comforting, just one of life's little ironies. You know when you see a person that the capacity is there for great intelligence and compassion, but you also know that the capacity is there for great cruelty and vengence.

Mindbleed

Reaction score
Well I voted for the Spider myself, but I only find spiders scary in real life. Conversely, I do not fear any kind of supernatural thing in real life because I do not believe that they exist. But when it comes to a flash game, I would think something more like ghosts because spiders would not translate very well.

Daniel S

Reaction score
i am not sure what would scare me the most so i have just voted for Self/friend being possessed by evil being as i don't believe in ghosts and things like that.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Most of those things would never happen, because they are Fiction.

But I will say that the only thing that scares me is ignorant people. Not stupid people, but people that do stupid things that could harm someone.

echidna

Reaction score
In fiction, the creepiest things to me are the innocent things. In real life however, I think the stupid people who like to take others with them are the most scary.

I'm looking to make a scary flash game, and got interested in what makes people scared. It would be great to know what the scariest things are, so I'll post a poll, but feel free to post anything scary I've missed (if it scares you), and vote for those too.

I don't know if you have the music to your game already, but I would love to compose an original soundtrack to your game if you don't already have one. Please PM me if you're interested.

eliasr

Reaction score
50 Cent's videogame, 50 Cent's music, NSYNC re-formed, Internet Explorer 8... but they aren't in the list, so I cant vote.

Tom743

Reaction score
50 Cent's videogame, 50 Cent's music, NSYNC re-formed, Internet Explorer 8... but they aren't in the list, so I cant vote.
50 Cents music scares me, but IE8 doesnt.

Out of that list, probs spiders. :(

Last edited:

mattura

Reaction score
lol! Some really interesting data and posts here! I will certainly see if I can include plenty of critters and crazies!
I was thinking, many people find the dark scary, as it's hard to see, do you think the same effect could be achieved with bright white, as long as it's hard to make out anything within the void? In life, the brighter/whiter, the clearer you see, but on a computer screen, it is possible to make things equally hard to see in the white as in the black.

rock4eve

Reaction score
The only things in this World we really need to fear are other people.

Someguy2

Reaction score
Lets see:

- Dogs
- Cockroaches
- Ghosts
- The dark
- VERY Old houses

urace

Reaction score
Getting crushed by a 2,000 lb bale of shredded paper (stacked 15-20 ft in the air) while working when I'm not looking or on the fork-lift. The best part is I rarely see humans at my job during my shift so chances are no one will notice until things go wrong with the machines or during a shift change (12 hrs)....

Theres always the chance of getting ground up in the shredder and becoming a recycled product :biggrin: