Votes: 23 76.7%
  • other

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
X10 uses Linux if that is what you are wondering. But i either use linux for webservers (testing), windows for game servers, and a mix of both for testing php and stuff.

cetutnx1

Reaction score
well i have to say that linux, i've tested a lot and is very stable, but i'm talking of web servers. LAN servers i've tryed linux but i can't make Samba to run correctly

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Ill use both cuz i like hosting and game servers

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Linux gets my vote, FC4 or FC6 accually.

Its fast, dosnt require a lot of system resources...and what was the problem with samba centuxnx1, i got it working recently.

cyberghost101

Reaction score
I like windows servers for network environments due to active directory. Alot easier to configure and maintan.

Alexis

Reaction score
but you now have to pay for the ubuntu cd, its no longer free.
but u can still download it for free.

Robert

Reaction score
i'd have to say linux, because from personal experience, stability is way better than windows, and it runs vbulletin way smoother, imo

Bodifar

Reaction score
Linux, not because of the stability (Windows 2003 Server is as reliable as Linux), but because of PHP and open source.

However, I must say I don't know ASP nor .NET, and I have nearly no experience at all with Windows-servers.

john10

Reaction score
Micro said:
X10 uses Linux if that is what you are wondering. But i either use linux for webservers (testing), windows for game servers, and a mix of both for testing php and stuff.
no i was just wandering what os i should use if i was to make a server

Bonekhan

Reaction score
I use Linux for stable and professional servers, and open-source, user-friendly software to deliver content to the intraweb.

I use Windows for solitare.

artoonie

Reaction score
I use Linux for stable and professional servers, and open-source, user-friendly software to deliver content to the intraweb.

I use Windows for solitare.
hahaha nice, that reminds me of this site.

Linux by far; more uptime and all that jazz. then mac, then windows.

mehtab

Reaction score
I think freeBSD is better then linux because it consumes few resources when running apache and other stuff if configured properly. Its not good for multimedia stuff and can only be used for hosting puposes.