What ticks off an average normal guy to kill 12 people?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Something had to be wrong with him if something like that happened. It may not be a direct external source like suggested, but there are many things he might have been holding inside of him that were basically stressing him out.

ataarticles

Reaction score
Something had to be wrong with him if something like that happened. It may not be a direct external source like suggested, but there are many things he might have been holding inside of him that were basically stressing him out.

Yeah, that's what the detectives think. But still his community friends like the lady who he knows was shocked that it was him. She didn't see any sign of mental disturbance or intent on revenge.
Still, if he did have some grudges, he was good at hiding it.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Probably a little switch in his head.
Theres one in almost everyone, its what stops you from shooting someone just to see what they would do... but you have to wonder...

The airport level in MW2 isn't helping

fractalfeline

Reaction score
Some people can't take anything seriously, not even death. I remember the day after the 9/11 incident, I was online playing chess, and there were people in the chatroom saying things like "Look, America lost both it's rooks. lolololol" like it was funny or something. Shrug.

If I had to guess, I'd say he had few friends or confidants that he could trust, low self-esteem, and some anger towards people and the world in general. If there's a will involved, I'd imagine there was a family death, perhaps the grief over the family death set him off. Perhaps he felt like his brother and the lawyer only cared about the will, and not the person who died? Maybe he was in a delusional state, and the "random" people he shot reminded him of others in his life who wronged him?

Hard to say, it's difficult to really get into the head of a madman. Perhaps people try to make sense of the senseless. Perhaps we wonder if we are capable of such atrocities. Perhaps we hope we can learn how to spot the "signs" of an impending breakdown in ourselves or others.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not saying he was right or anything, but how can we say that he's a madman?

~Callum

fractalfeline

Reaction score
Irrational behavior that causes harm to self and others = insanity

Perhaps you think he had a sane, rational reason for killing these people? Especially the seemingly random ones he met as he drove cross country?

mattblog

Reaction score
I don't know what would spark a man to kill, but obviously there is somehing that was going through his head that we didn't know. IMO I think he's insane and he would have needed help if still alive

demonragna

Reaction score
This is just crazy, I mean how could you just go off and kill people like that.

ataarticles

Reaction score

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I think America at the moment is worse off than Britain and Obama may collapse your country.
The bankers already saw to that. Obama was handed the helm of a sinking ship.

Hence, every country has their problems
True dat. More on topic, who do you think is the better sociopath, Jack the Ripper or H. H. Holmes?

Last edited: