what to do.. during long walks

naerey

Reaction score
Ok, here's my problem:
I spend every day, 6 days a week, around 25 mins going to school by bus, 20 mins going back, and some 15 more walking home (in the morning I get a pull)...
That's around one hour daily. 6 hours a week. That currently, go nowhere. I just listen to some music or think about my stuff..

I'm thinking about putting this time to use.
So far I've come up with two ideas:
A) Get some podcasts (um.. which? news n educational.. )
B) Get audio learning things (for foreign languages)
C) (just came :p) Audiobooks

Which I'd put into my Sony-Ericsson w300i...
Though since i've a mac and Sony doesn't support them (wtf :S ), I'm having to connect via bluetooth which is a bit slow and asks for permission to do just about everything.. so, putting up daily podcasts is hard..

Any other suggestions?
Reading in bus is hard, never a place to sit. During walking not easy either...

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Audio is about the only thing you can really do in your situation. Audio books is what I do... Check out: freeclassicalaudiobooks.org
Also, podcasts are good too. Maybe you could get a different media player? I've got the http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1234902660&sr=8-1
It's only $26 on amazon
It works great because it connects via USB! and it does videos too, so you could rip some DVDs and watch them on the bus.

xPlozion

Reaction score
I listen to music when I'm walking the dog. I think if I had to choose one of your options, it would be B (foreign language).

Last edited:

nterror

Reaction score
For the bus, I would probably get a book.

Don't own a mac, can't you use something like bootcamp to get Windows?

alcramer

Reaction score
If you're involved in any kind of tech/scientific/math work that needs a bit of creativity, long walks can provide a wonderful setting to make the little breakthroughs that you need to keep things happening. When I was working for software companies, I was only in the office about half the time. The rest of the day I'd kinda vaguely wander around the neighborhood, trying to come up with solutions to various horrible problems.

iMediums

Reaction score
Hey!

If you learn an extra language in school, try downloading some 'Language Books'. I use these, and listen to them daily in the same time spaces as you, and it helps to improve my fconfidence in the lesson, as I'm becoming more and more used to hearing the language, and more fluently speaking.
Just a thought..

Regards,
iMediums

naerey

Reaction score
Thanks for all replies!

@nterror - I'm lucky enough if I can get inside the bus.. getting a seat is way too much luxury!! ^^
And no, I have a mac exactly because I dislike the windows environment... nor do I really have enuff space to make another partition..

@imediumus - unfortunately only english.. but I guess that's what I'll be doing.. french seems like a good start ^^

van21691

Reaction score
Rubik's Cube?, Listen to music, learn language, walk with someone, talk on the phone?

zen-r

Reaction score
Wear a sandwich board & get paid to advertise as you stand & walk? Lol.