What type of camera do you have?

hyssyd

Reaction score
Hi forum,

I want to buy a video camera and was wondering if anybody could recommend a good one, maybe something that you have used or own, so you know it's good. ;)

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm also planning to buy an expensive camera, cause I've got one book to read and now I've to practice, that book is Digital Photography by Scott Kelby

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I've got a Flip Mino HD, only cost me NZ$300 and records an hour's worth of HD video.

hyssyd

Reaction score
I'm thinking of using the camera for filming a short movie, so the lens needs to be good.

@snshusat: If I find out of anything, I'll let you know ;)

casey roberts

Reaction score
I've had a Canon hv20 for several years, and it produces amazing video, as long as you know what you're doing with the light. I'm going to be switching over to an hf100, which is the same camera, except it uses flash memory instead of DV tape, which appeals to my cheap nature and my desire for something I can screw around with without worrying about "wasting" tape. A search for hv20 on Vimeo.com will yield many examples of it's flexibility and power. I know for years it has been the choice for a flexible, cheap, and high quality camera for indie producers. Many people shooting documentaries and such with Canon's $3000 XH series use hv20's for B-rolls and backups, as the end video quality is very comparable. They can be had on ebay for around $350-$400.