What virus protection program(s) do you use?

Richard

Reaction score
Nothing at the moment but then again I'm very careful what I do on my PC. But when I get around to it I'll put on Spybot and ClamAV.

n4tec

Reaction score
WOW applications used to protect many PC... I should wait and see which one is more propular and get it...

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
ironcross77 said:
AVG and Microsoft Anti Spyware...works like a charm
Amen, that's all I use for my desktop and laptop. Never had any problems.

I like MS Antispyware because it automatically scans, without annoying popups like Spybot S&D. Adaware doesn't scan.

funindia

Reaction score
How about Auto Update Feature in the AntiVirus Software? Norton Anti Virus takes a lead amongst all with its live update utility. Microsofts Products are good but updating is very difficults for low bandwidth connections. Any more options please...

limelight

Reaction score
funindia said:
How about Auto Update Feature in the AntiVirus Software? Norton Anti Virus takes a lead amongst all with its live update utility. Microsofts Products are good but updating is very difficults for low bandwidth connections. Any more options please...

AntiVir or McAfee.

McAfee for me updates without me even noticing.

N

Nathan

MicrotechXP said:
I have used Macafee and it sucks everytime I installled it it crashed my computer!

Might mean someting. :ermm:

avast! Antivirus
Microsoft Antispyware
Spybot Search & Destroy
Ad-Aware SE Pro 1.6
SpySubtract
CrapCleaner
EasyCleaner

AsPeRiTy

Reaction score
i have:

Microsoft Anti-Spyware (the best I've ever used its great!)
Norton Anti-Virus (ehhh its k)
Ad-aware (Don't need it cuz microsoft catches everything)
Spybot S&D (horrible i hate it catches like nothing)

Vietkid58

Reaction score
Microsoft Antispyware
Ad Aware
Spybot
Norton AV and Firewall
EZ AV and Pest Patrol,

haha, i'm one of the guys who's paranoid also...

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I use the following:

1 Norton Antivirus (Only Basic Protection)
2 Microsoft Antispyware (Very Useful)
3 Ad-Aware (One of the Best)

Can somebody tell me where to get the registry mechanic.

B

binki39

hmm keep... firefox up to date and you wont need any antivirus or antispyware as long as you dont download blindly... so yea i dont use any of those protection programs...

B

Brandon

No, Im not like stupid people who download files with filenames like virus.exe

X3r0X

Reaction score
Well I use Norton Internet Security 2004 and I can honestly say that it is totally hopeless. Autoprotect is meant to automatically scan files that you open/use on your computer right? Bah, I think its just a waste of RAM.

Another thing thats annoying is the Proxy program that it runs. If ever at all it fails, your internet will not function without it no matter if you shut down Norton. You have to reset your computer (which for me running 256SD) is quite some time.

The worst thing is when Norton actually manages to find viruses, it then 90% of the time proceeds to tell me that it cannot delete the file/s. What a load! I can go through and delete them with ease, yet Norton has all these *problems*.

Asides from Norton and its hopelessness, I use Spybot Tea Timer which is a great program for blocking unwanted registry keys. It picks absolubtly everything up and nothing goes un-noticed :)

I also use Microsoft Antispyware beta 1 and its also pretty good. It weeds out a few malware/spyware files that Spybot doesnt run and has a good range of advanced settings.

o0slowpaul0o

Reaction score
Nortan Anti Virus and Panda Titamium Anti Virus, which has a built in dial up, ad, spy soft ware remover. :)

B

Brandon

michaelp said:
NOD32
System Mechanic Pro 5
Ad-Aware SE PRO

But a long time ago my sister tons of virus on my computer, NOD32 was great.

Burak

Reaction score
I use these programs:

Panda Platinum Internet Security 2005

Zone Alarm Pro

SpyBot S&D

AdAware

Microsoft Antispyware

System Mechanic

Macig Tweak

B

Brandon

Where can I download Microsoft Anti Spyware, And is it still in beta?