What would you improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm creating this thread to get an idea of what is most important to our community. Please post one thing you would like to see us either improve on or add. If someone has already posted your idea please do not post it again.

All duplicate entries, and posts that are NOT ideas will be deleted.

-Corey

CoheChan

Reaction score
you should be able to run perl scrips outside the cgi-bin also,
or be able to browse to webpages inside that folder

kcchan

Prime Account
Reaction score
What I find most important is server stability. The number features you offer is already well beyond what other free hosts are providing and asking for more would be just being greedy IMO. Keep up the good work!

gomarc

Reaction score
It would be nice to be able to check our resource usage to avoid getting suspended. Some of our scripts may have errors that we are not aware, so if we can monitor our CPU usage, that could warn us of a problem before it’s too late.

xw1994

Reaction score
I wont to say thank you Corey and the x10 staff for your dedication to your services. I think asking for anything else is just to much to ask you guys.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It would be nice to be able to check our resource usage to avoid getting suspended. Some of our scripts may have errors that we are not aware, so if we can monitor our CPU usage, that could warn us of a problem before it’s too late.

I'd probably like to get this same feature to be put in myself some where to show up as well, where it'll show how much CPU/RAM we are using and how close we are to getting suspended. This can be useful if you're busy upgrading a lot of scripts and are worried about your account.

Maybe of possible, a script analyser/debugger as well. :)

Divinorum

Reaction score
Perhaps a more updated version of fantastico with more scripts and updated versions of each script. Plus a few scripts had errors in installing, either fixing, or replacing those scripts would be ideal.

Other than that I really have no problems whatsoever.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Perhaps a more updated version of fantastico with more scripts and updated versions of each script. Plus a few scripts had errors in installing, either fixing, or replacing those scripts would be ideal.

Other than that I really have no problems whatsoever.

Fantastico updates itself, and if you would like to see different versions of scripts or new scripts you would have to go through them: http://www.netenberg.com/fantastico.php

lewellyn

Reaction score
It would be awesome if Apache stayed online more. (At least on Cossacks, there's a significant amount of downtime...)

Oh! And if you noted on the Account Management page that accounts use Suhosin ("Hardened PHP"), it could reduce someone's gnashing of teeth. :)

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I think having some way for free accounts to access SSH would be wonderful. I realize that SSH has potential for abuse, so perhaps either have an application process or require a payment (like the double everything deals) to activate it. I know that cPanel has an SSH thingy, so users can use that to manage their keys, etc.

lewellyn

Reaction score
See what happens when you make me think about what can be made better? I start coming up with things like this... ;)

It'd be great to have some way to run SVN versions of things that I have installed. Currently, the only way I can figure out how to do that is to check the repo out locally and update that. After each update, I have to transfer all the files over. Besides being wasteful of bandwidth (copying everything rather than just changes), it sucks if I'm not at a computer where I have a local checkout and I need to check something.

(I've tried running svn with my account mounted as a drive using MacFUSE, Windows WebFolders, etc., and it pukes with random errors. I think that svn needs to do things which remote file systems just don't like.)

Can that sort of functionality be plugged into cPanel somehow, maybe?

tdltinc

Reaction score
Disk space expansion (thrice),!!:lol::naughty:

And many contest to be launch!!:lol:

Also Promotion!!:lol::naughty:

Also if we go too forum the latest post will appeared immediately for fast and reliable communication also for server status that will automatically show if the services are offline/online, would it be possible?.. is it running with Javascript?

Last edited:

Ozzapoo

Reaction score
Perhaps remove the maximum email per hour limit? That'd be fantastic!

imagecon

Reaction score
In-server banner rotator: there are a lot of websites on your services, however, the cross community communication is limited by links that the website master places on his own. I suggest to create a banner or cross links network which could be easily tuned by category. For example - game server can post a column with a list of 5other game servers and game news website selected from all the game and game news servers at x10. A library can post the list of other x10 libraries. e.t.c. This will increase the communication process among the web masters and among the visitors.

Of course this will also rise a competition for the x10 top list. And this will generally increase the quality of projects.

This feature should be formed as the popunder region at the top right corner of the browser window. You may also add a website rating poll onto this region for visitor votes. Toprated webmasters could be granted with more disc quota and more features. And this feature should be optional (users can enable or disable this feature at the account control panel).

This feature must not be an ads one. Only x10 sites for increasing the in-server community.

relisys

Reaction score
i would like to see keyword statistics, aded on to awstats, so you can follow that keyword back to it refferer

trivedi

Reaction score
1. Better guides to existing features that can be easily found. setting up site, domain transfer, email etc .. screenshots in the guides would be nicer.. so new users could be pointed to that help.

2. fantastico site says it has scripts for joomla 1.5 and joomla 1.0.15 on fantastico deluxe. i may be reading that wrong but if its possible to add joomla 1.5 to the features it would be very nice too.

overall though the features that are already here are far better than any other similar hosts. thank you.

hamsn

Reaction score
To modify the Suspended page, even if you get suspended, the page displayed must be of "acceptable" quality.
like more ads are there, and also there must not be the check suspension reason box.
Many daily sites, where there are lot of visitors, if it gets suspended, then it would be bad for the site owner when its visitors look at the message.

What I mean in short is, make it in a way so that even the visitors are satisfied that the site is offline, not reasons like its suspended.

adessobastadavvero

Reaction score
Just one thing: an ALERT message before being suspended, to solve the problem in time and avoid the fuss of being unsuspended.
(it could save your time, too)

But this service is THE BEST!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.