What would you improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamsadnan

Reaction score
i would request you to give joomla 1.5 installations on fantastico.That would be great

Xemnas

Reaction score
I'm seeing here some good suggestions being made - the email reminders, for instance - but also some that could, with caveats, be done, or just couldn't/wouldn't be implemented.
Get rid of the creation queqe. annoying as hell.
In a nutshell, x10 staff didn't make the queue; the thousands upon thousands of people who sign up for hosting every day did ;)
I need to KNOW, WAY in advance, when the server's going to be down, so I can alert my site and make sure people are going elsewhere if they're checking it.
If it was planned downtime, then it could be done. But there's no way to know when a server will crash, when accounts will be lost, when newly-installed software will wreck the system and soforth. So I guess it could be possible, but you would need to have something you could fall back onto when sudden downtime ensues.
more languages.( im dutch and i got suspended for using my site in dutch... )
The problem with adding support for more languages is two-fold: first, there'd need to be (as an absolute minimum) two or three staff members who could understand the language. And that scenario just can't exist if second, not enough users are native speakers of that language. And I guess thirdly, there isn't any real need to support more languages; x10 already supports three of the most widely used languages in the world (English, French and Spanish), so if it was feasible to support more, it'd be lower priority.
1 more ad enhanced server so the load on stoli is spread ( less down time in result )
The possibility will be very real when Corey's budget will allow for another server.
a server down page.
When a server is down, it would redirect to a custom html on the x10 server.
Doing that with Apache down would mean some funky DNS manipulation, and DNS manipulation would mean 24-72 hours of propagation time (i.e. the time it takes for the changes to spread across the internet). So probably not.
i would request you to give joomla 1.5 installations on fantastico.That would be great
The developer of Fantastico decides what to put in Fantastico. And, no offense, but it really isn't hard to download Joomla and upload it onto your website yourself.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
I like x10 just the way it is...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! THANK YOU X10!

frutsel

Reaction score
i apprieate ( dam hard word typo mania lol :D )
that admins respond to the things we wanted to be improved.
ofc i mean when there is enough money for it, im happy to place extra advertisments on my website if that can help ( like google adds)
those servers cost 400/pm so im totaly flabbergasted:)D)
that you can manage all the costs with ony like 400 paid hosters and adds!
and yes there is 1 thing that should be improved
but that is not at x10 but at its users
some of us are soo rude when a services go down.
ok i admit im sometimes irritated about that services are down but i keep in mind that x10 is free and the work that is done here is awsome

yesterday i saw people even demanding!
hope this will change some of the users in here

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
i apprieate ( dam hard word typo mania lol :D )
that admins respond to the things we wanted to be improved.
ofc i mean when there is enough money for it, im happy to place extra advertisments on my website if that can help ( like google adds)
those servers cost 400/pm so im totaly flabbergasted:)D)
that you can manage all the costs with ony like 400 paid hosters and adds!
and yes there is 1 thing that should be improved
but that is not at x10 but at its users
some of us are soo rude when a services go down.
ok i admit im sometimes irritated about that services are down but i keep in mind that x10 is free and the work that is done here is awsome

yesterday i saw people even demanding!
hope this will change some of the users in here

I second this post. I'm not a complainer of my site going down, but after all, it's not a real-time must have up site. It's just a personal site with a personal forum. If I had a site that needed pure uptime, I would've gotten a dedicated server or some shared paid posting/VPS.

neverdark

Reaction score
X10 is a great service but server's stability and speed must be increased...

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
I would like small-scale upgrades.
so even if we don't need all the features in a paid plan,
lets say $x a month would get you yyyyMb of extra transfer a month, or more disk space, more domain names, subdomain, etc

holeepassion

Reaction score
I have a feeling I got my account terminated without warning ??? I am not sure if there is a change of policy about warming etc but when I signed up, I was told there would be email notification. I think it should be a common practice ???

I would have thought that I would get some notice of suspension before termination ??? Lots of work being done and now it is lost ???

zc8080

Reaction score
I second the request for a suspended page that doesn't have the reason on. The reason should only be seen by the webmaster(s) because it's quite embarrassing when other people see it, especially on large sites.
Also, I know you only said one improvement, but this is extremely important.. The uptime of Stoli should be improved. A site I run is currently going up and down, so I'm losing more and more visitors when they get a timeout page. :(

mp3_freak_721

Reaction score
I'd like an e-mail alert warning me if my account is about to be suspended because I forget to login to the forums.

That would be nice. But what about getting rid of the forum login thing completely. I always forget to do that. It never fails to happen. :drool:

Xemnas

Reaction score
That would be nice. But what about getting rid of the forum login thing completely. I always forget to do that. It never fails to happen. :drool:
That system is there to make sure accounts are still in use. Without it, there'd only be a few hundred active accounts on the servers (the rest would be abandoned sites). I'd take the email reminder any day ;)

Last edited:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
That system is there to make sure accounts are still in use. Without it, there'd only be a few hundred active accounts on the servers (the rest would be abandoned sites). I'd take the email reminder any day ;)

Couldn't have said it better myself; that is the exact reason you're required to login once every two weeks. Add http://forums.x10hosting.com/ to your browsers start pages, and check the 'remember me' box if you don't remember to login.

-Luke.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't know if someone already said it, but php 5.3.0 would be very nice (nowdoc!)

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
xav0989 said:
I don't know if someone already said it, but php 5.3.0 would be very nice (nowdoc!)

5.3 isn't a stable release, so that will be unlikely as of now.

james2k8111 said:
more webspace

I've found that the ad-enhanced plans (especially Corporate) usually have all the disk space that one needs. If that still isn't enough, you can purchase two of the double specials to quadruple your disk space. If that still isn't enough for what you need (no idea how you would burn up that much space anyway while still keeping in line with the ToS), you can go to paid hosting or a VPS. With thousands of accounts, giving each person even 100 MB more space means coming up with a means of storing an extra 100GB+ of data, meaning better hard drives or another server, which means that x10 needs to get money from somewhere to do it.

id3379

Reaction score
Server Speed, sometimes its laggy, but can't really complain since its free..

crystalm36

Reaction score
I would like to thank you for hosting. This place is pretty impressive. Hosting is free and it is far beyond anything that I would have expected to get in cpanel. The support is great so far, it seems like everyone is ontop of their game. I love how you can log into your own personal account and check server status & make changes to your account all in one place. Since this post is about what I would improve if I could, I am new here and the only thing that I have noticed so far is the slow server speed and downtime. But again, this is free hosting so I really hate to even mention that. If someone wanted something more stable then they need to go out and purchase it. But other than that I think this place is great!

w4k3upn0w

Reaction score
What would you improve? :dunno:

Not a dog gone thing.
I was up and running in a very short time. I just got here but the service is outstanding. Thanks. :biggrin:

dutchboy12

Reaction score
just improve it that u never get suspended by being not active on the forum because that sucks realy

Status
Not open for further replies.