What would you improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hommetotem

Reaction score
I would like smoother server upgrades, everytime it gets into quite a mess.

The problem is that the servers are often upgraded to add all kinds of fancy features that are not even used by most users who would just like to have a stable php+mysql install. At least, user's patience would be less strained if there were more transparency on maintenance operations, namely giving an ETA when you are doing an upgrade.

mrxp_anupam

Reaction score
I'm creating this thread to get an idea of what is most important to our community. Please post one thing you would like to see us either improve on or add. If someone has already posted your idea please do not post it again.

All duplicate entries, and posts that are NOT ideas will be deleted.

-Corey
I think there should be a proper information or a mail from your side before suspending the account due to any reason.

Conmiro

Reaction score
Better uptime and faster server speed.

That's really all. I can't complain too much, it's a free host! ;)

Cyclone103

Reaction score
I think we should be able to declare ourselves "away" for a period of time so if you are on vacation you do not lose your account.

epyx_snow

Reaction score

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Maby more domains/subdomains allowed and wildcard subdomains

nanoman

Reaction score
The most important for me is the speed and I also speak for the normal peoples who surft the internet.
I would want so that for example on each website each visitor can get their maximal speed not wait till the page will load slowly like it would be on a dial-up connection.

Hoobrum

Reaction score
Notices before Suspension to give a heads up and let people rescue their accounts due to inactivity or whatever. This should already be in place.

Zaccy

Reaction score
well i'd improve how DNS records are handled, i mean, we can set our own MX records, but not our own CNAME records, another free host i know allows users to create their own CNAMEs AND MXs, so how about you do something like that Corey, that would be awesome, oh, and maybe improve security, upgrade the Server firewalls, anti-virus, etc.

mad-tony

Reaction score
How about a small fee to extend the 2 week inactivity on accounts to 4 weeks. $$$$$ :dancingna

How about details on "paid" account servers ?
:facesjump

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I think we should be able to declare ourselves "away" for a period of time so if you are on vacation you do not lose your account.
I had posted something similiar way back when I was a member, but it didn't get approved. I never understood why, but now I seem to feel that there are more important things than this and it doesn't seem so much as a big deal at all anymore.

Good solution to the problem above:
How about a small fee to extend the 2 week inactivity on accounts to 4 weeks. $$$$$ :dancingna

Corey, maybe add RV Site Builder and RV Skins to "paid" members and possibly add it for a small fee for "free" members accounts.

Last edited:
F

Fahad

You CAN pay to remove the inactivity timer. It comes as an optional extra for the "double everything" packages.

Ninesvnsicks

Reaction score
It would be nice if web account user names could be longer than 9 letters and could start with numbers.

Castortroy2009

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to website creation/administration and want to try out some ideas here....,

When I signed up I got a message that told me how much time there was for my request in the waiting list, then it was gone. It would of been nice for that waiting time was in a email or somewhere I could see it.

Its a small thing but a good one i think.

-CS

hcse26

Reaction score
IPV6 would be a great improvement, but I am not sure if limestonenetworks can provide that.

yeah right, limestone charges at least 149 dollars a month for a transfer of 2000gb with your high rate that could be wasted by 40 users, are you sure that is gonna pay up with the ads?

Well cPanel doesn't support IPv6 for individual hosting accounts yet.

And no. Corey revealed somewhere here that the ads only make $150/month.
Edit:
Well as for the improvements, It would be cool if we can use our Credits for some hosting upgrades rather than just cash or domains. :D

Last edited:

oinkoink

Reaction score
SPEED SPEED SPEED SPEED .. and one thing which i want is the server stability, sometimes my pages wont load or it takes time.. and maybe some support for asp.. but that comes last on my list.. all in all x10 really rocks!! keep it up corey!!

malcomhfc1875

Reaction score
SPEED SPEED SPEED SPEED .. and one thing which i want is the server stability, sometimes my pages wont load or it takes time.. and maybe some support for asp.. but that comes last on my list.. all in all x10 really rocks!! keep it up corey!!

I agree with you on the page load. i get random page cannot be found errors and always loads slow.

Max1337

Reaction score
The staff...
Not saying all, and I'm not calling out any names... And I'm not hating on any...
* But most of the high level staff bans people for reasons that don't exactly deserve a ban, maybe just a warning... ( I have a feeling I will get banned anyways -_-' )
* Removing staff for maybe "accidents", or other things that they KNOW they did wrong, and may deserve another chance? (let them fix it)

The staff are being a little rough on some of the people here...
This is my opinion, but yea... It WOULD be a nice improvement to see :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.