whats better counter strike or counter strike: source?

what should i bu?

• Total voters

john10

Reaction score
what should i buy, counter strike or counter stike: source???

disturbedart

Reaction score
Counter Strike: Source.
I prefer css to cs i dont really now y but i have to say it must be a gfx thing and also great new maps with it

Bonekhan

Reaction score
Neither, the community is grossly immature and lags on anything short of a super computer.

amr1991

Reaction score
cs 1.6 is where all teh proz are :D i play cod2 because of its good gfx, but i hate immature little itty bitty 10 yr olds >.<

dest581

Reaction score
It depends on preference. You just have to ignore the whining children, and play.

Bonekhan

Reaction score
It depends on preference. You just have to ignore the whining children, and play.

It was mainly point two of my last post that kept me from playing it when I got it. Very crappy computer >.<

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Although, the source engine is a wonderful thing. Its not limited to CS:S (Although its a great game). For instance, there are a LOT of half-decent mods for source games (HL2:DM, HL2, etc), including one - Stargate: TLS. Also, Garrys Mod -- a sandbox mod where you can code new weapons, tools, games etc through Lua. Also the forums: Facepunch where people post public scripts, weapons, and you have discussions. Be warned of the moderators and their bansticks, and also make sure you have correct spelling and grammar. If you do thsi (this), you lose points.

You can also Roleplay (On rp servers), where you get money each "day", build shops, etc.

(The new one is $10, but it is a lot better than gmod9 (free). These are some videos for you:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3914313767524538936&q=Garrys+Mod+10

The AK for instance, was a scripted weapon (Swep)

Add me on xFire if you need some help (royalmarine0) or steam friends (Same username)

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Depends on what grounds; if you like having graphics that won't hurt your eyes, go for CS:S. However, if you're the one who is extremely competitive and want to join the learning curve in CS 1.6, go for it.

I personally prefer CS:S; every weapon can get you kills, and the majority of people are noobs (excluding a few servers)

oab

Reaction score
lmfao a super computer? where do you live?
all you need is like 1ghz proccessor and pretty much any video card made in the last 5 years... (cs 1.6)

cs:s is for noobs cs is for pros, however there is a lot of hackers in 1.6 also..

but yea if you just wanna play for fun every once in a while go with source.. theres a whole bunch of gun game servers.

dharmil

Reaction score
i use to love 1.6 before but now i like source because of the breakFlore maps

Micro

Reaction score
They are also bringing out a CSPRO mod for CS:S, bringing back some old characteristics of CS 1.6.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Regular cs becasue css laggs alot on my comp due to a bad vidieo card

linglingzero

Reaction score
I think it would be a complete personal choice to whichever you want to play. CS I hear is really cool, I haven't been able to try it mainly because I hate games with so many laggers and hackers. From my experience of trying to play CSS, I can see it becoming a fun game to play. Like playing in Zombie servers was cool, the thing I didn't like though is it takes 50 shots just to kill something.

I'd personally would choose GMOD 10 over any other Steam thing anyways, that game just owns. Since Steam likes money, they released another edition of Half Life 2 that costs $50 bucks at Wal Mart. It has all the things required to play GMOD 10 (HL2, HL2:DM, CS:S) and includes Half Life 1 and Half Life 1:DM. Newegg.com is smart enough to sell it for $45 dollars. It all depends on if you enjoy playing with hackers, being a hacker, or if you actually see something fun in the games.

Micro

Reaction score
LINGLINGZERO! WHATS YOUR STEAM USERNAME! =D

Hope you play gm10, i like people that do ;-)

Haha just made a new video (Bit crap) on Garrys Mod. It is quite funny i reckon. Maybe thats just me...

http://www.leightosoft.com/Antlion.wmv

Last edited:

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Like playing in Zombie servers was cool, the thing I didn't like though is it takes 50 shots just to kill something.
That is only for Zombie Mod though. In CS:S it should only take a few shots, one or two to the head to kill them depending on whether they're wearing a helmet or not (meaning they bought the Kevlar & Helmet, not that their game model has a helmet shown).

linglingzero

Reaction score
That is only for Zombie Mod though. In CS:S it should only take a few shots, one or two to the head to kill them depending on whether they're wearing a helmet or not (meaning they bought the Kevlar & Helmet, not that their game model has a helmet shown).

I got pissed off when I actually played regular so I didn't know. When my first match started someone shot me in the head through the wall...unless it was my imagination?

LINGLINGZERO! WHATS YOUR STEAM USERNAME! =D

Hope you play gm10, i like people that do ;-)

Haha just made a new video (Bit crap) on Garrys Mod. It is quite funny i reckon. Maybe thats just me...

http://www.leightosoft.com/Antlion.wmv

Linglingzero is my Steam name. Whats yours?
I play GMOD10. I made a stupid movie with GMOD9, its on my youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=msgames

If you got Skype, Xfire, or whatever add me. I'm interested in making a video but I don't know of what yet.
Xfire: nonentitydragon
AIM: linglingzero
MSN: linglingzero87@hotmail.com
...thats a lot of linglingzeros.

Last edited: