What's in your disc tray?

wongers

Reaction score
just been thinking about getting some new games, but due to living with my g.f. and christmas enticising me in to buying WAY too many shiney toys, i am some what lacking the dollar.

basically, i want to know what people are playing, been looking at Fable 2, its not brand new, but is it worth it?

i dont want a list of peoples favourite games, more a quick short list what people have been playing recently and what they do and do not like about the game.

i do have CoD Modern Warfare 2, so dont start :p

example, ive been playing CoD MW 2 like crazy recently, love the game, also been playing World of Warcraft because i have some friends who play it and like the whole group questing/raiding thing and lots of fire and stuff that goes boom :)

CoD for obvious reasons i dont think i even need to go in to.

so, whats been keeping you guys busy?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Everything I run is obtained via the Internet or has been set up to run from disk entirely. I haven't used my Optical Drive in months to read anything. I did however use three blank DVDs to back some someone's files from their PC though. The last thing I used my Optical Drive to read was a movie.

Last edited:

wongers

Reaction score
Well done to Smith6612 and The Real Rebel for missing the point entirely.

it was more of a question as to what games people are currently playing and it was more aimed at console gamers as chances are, i will buy the game as im still quite sceptical about chipping my 360.

at the moment ive got Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in my 360 disk try and i imagine it will stay there until ive completed all te Co-Op missions on a 3 star rating and achieved level 70 on multiplayer mode. so probably for a long time lol.

the outcome i am looking for is basically a list of games that people are playing on their consoles and if it is worth buying.

ive been out and bought one or two games for my 360 in the past solely from reviews and people raving about it, only to be truely disappointed.

that make any more sense? :p

kcollins719

Reaction score
I highly suggest Fallout 3 if you haven't played it already. For $30 now and hundreds of potential hours of enjoyment. I just got it for xmas and have stopped playing it. There is so much content and now downloadable content. It's a shooter, sandbox adventure, and RPG all in one. And unlike many games that combine multiple genres and do each one mediocre, Fallout 3 gets the best of all worlds.

richmix

Reaction score
HALO 3:ODST! I'm just about to play it, will update more later =)

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
My steam account is pretty full of games ATM, but mostly regularly awesome in a way games. I have portal, the complete Half-Life 2 pack, TF2, and some other stuff, but nothing too big. I do still have a couple of CDs for RTSes such as AoE3, Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars, RCT3 deluxe...

And, for the record, there isn't anything in my OD... I think :p

Last edited:

wongers

Reaction score
I highly suggest Fallout 3 if you haven't played it already. For $30 now and hundreds of potential hours of enjoyment. I just got it for xmas and have stopped playing it. There is so much content and now downloadable content. It's a shooter, sandbox adventure, and RPG all in one. And unlike many games that combine multiple genres and do each one mediocre, Fallout 3 gets the best of all worlds.

meh i got Fallout 4 for my birthday and if im honest i got bored of it after a week, i started out, did ok, love the freedom thing and the vast size of the area you can explore, but then i realised that killing any random mutated monsters was ok until i ran out of ammo and then i couldnt find any ammo, then you have to run back to the last town you came from.

i dunno, just kind of a bit slow to progress i guess? might pick it up and give it another go soon. it looks amazing, graphics wise.
Edit:
My steam account is pretty full of games ATM, but mostly regularly awesome in a way games. I have portal, the complete Half-Life 2 pack, TF2, and some other stuff, but nothing too big. I do still have a couple of CDs for RTSes such as AoE3, Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars, RCT3 deluxe...

And, for the record, there isn't anything in my OD... I think :p

see this is more what im looking for!! my steam account has some of the classics in, i always find myself falling back on to Counter Strike though, either 1.6 or source, depending on how retro im feeling :)

i played AoE i think for a bit, cant really remember how that went, i think i went through a phase of playing a different RTS every day and then getting frustrated at them all for no real reason lol.

im not a fan of RCT tho, i dont know why, i loved the original Theme Park by Bullfrog, but then again that game was really buggy. i didnt like all the new versions like Theme Park World and Theme Park Inc etc

and i just felt like i was cheating on Bullfrog when i played RCT lol.

HALO 3:ODST! I'm just about to play it, will update more later =)

I think you might be on to something here my friend, ODST does look good but was a bit unsure as to whether i should buy it or not incase it turns out to be a glorified expansion pack that turns out to be a waste of money.

my friend bought it the other day and im waiting for him to report back on his findings on it too.

Last edited:

stesouthby

Reaction score
left for dead 2 in my xbox 360
fall out 3 in my pc
ghost busters in my psp lol

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
Well done to Smith6612 and The Real Rebel for missing the point entirely.

it was more of a question as to what games people are currently playing and it was more aimed at console gamers as chances are, i will buy the game as im still quite sceptical about chipping my 360.

at the moment ive got Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in my 360 disk try and i imagine it will stay there until ive completed all te Co-Op missions on a 3 star rating and achieved level 70 on multiplayer mode. so probably for a long time lol.

the outcome i am looking for is basically a list of games that people are playing on their consoles and if it is worth buying.

ive been out and bought one or two games for my 360 in the past solely from reviews and people raving about it, only to be truely disappointed.

that make any more sense? :p

Lol thanks, can i have another award, and atm Halo 2 Is in my PC Disk tray, I love the game it really tells what happens in between and what went wrong with the covenant :D

websitedude

Reaction score
Battlefield bad company - not the newest of games its being replaced in march but its funny and fun

black_sun

Reaction score
Fable 2 is an excellent choice. One of my favorite games, and I'm not much for RPG's.
I picked up a copy of Ghostbusters for $25 used at a local gamestop. I'm enjoying it far more than I thought I would.