What's the best deal you've found?

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
So I was at the flea market today and I found someone selling Resident Evil 5 for 7 bucks. Obviously I purchased it. Anyway, I've found some good deals before, but what are the best deals for video games, systems, anything that have you found?

I also bought an HDMI enabled 360 with 2 controllers, a hard drive and 4 games for $225 as well.

posidyn

Reaction score
Hello

Many years ago I managed to get the following:
The Moon Project $5
Lands of Lore 3 $5
Resident Evil (The first one) for PC $5

More recently I think around 2005:
Empire Earth 2 + Art of Supremacy $21

Most recent 3 weeks ago:
Painkiller Overdoes $5

Of the above, Resident Evil was the best buy because I waited 2 years or something, then decided to play it. After finishing it, I listed it on Ebay and it sold for $25!

I think there's a good chance your Resident Evil 5 will be worth something more in years to come.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure I would profit from it however I have stopped selling games. I always regret selling them years later. I mean I sold all of my Playstation 1 games over the years and when I go back to play them I always hit myself because they were sold.

So yeah, I've stopped being so short sighted.

Plus I hate selling my stuff to GameStop. They literally rape you with trade ins.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Plus I hate selling my stuff to GameStop. They literally rape you with trade ins.

Second that. Don't botter with Gamestop unless you want them to make a 60% (is this the actual value?) profit off of you.

nterror

Reaction score
Orange Box + CS:S for $25 about 5 months after the OrangeBox was released. The OB was even cheaper after I sold CS:S (hated it).

Also got a stack of PS1 SquareSoft games for $40. Front Mission 3, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve, Brave Fencer Musashi, and Legend of Mana. They did not know what they were selling. 8)

I prefer to dump games I don't care for on eBay.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Best deal I've found so far was forgetting I BOUGHT a game and finding it in the stack last night.

Case in point: Overlord. Gotta love forgetting where I put things on occasion.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
So I got home from the flea market a few hours ago and I managed to get a working PSOne system, 10 games, 2 controllers and 1 memory card for 12 bucks. Turok Rage Wars for 5 bucks, Populous and Pilot Wings for the SNES for 4 dollars and Halo Wars for my 360 for 7 bucks.

A few weeks ago I managed to grab Resident Evil 5 and Fight Night Round 3 for 14 dollars all together as well.

Also I went to a thrift store and found a N64 with two controllers, a memory card and the expansion card for get this...2 dollars.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This week I acquired a Slim PS2 with 7 games, two controllers, two memory cards, a steering wheel with a pedal, and a guitar for $75.

I also bought 3 N64 games (Turok, F-Zero X, and Waverace) and a GameCube wavebird for 19 bucks total.

Last edited:

ramboman88

Reaction score
Of the above, Resident Evil was the best buy because I waited 2 years or something, then decided to play it. After finishing it, I listed it on Ebay and it sold for $25!

I think there's a good chance your Resident Evil 5 will be worth something more in years to come.

Unless you mean maybe a console version, I wouldn't count on it, more and more games are now being released as downloads. Before this gamers used to be limited when games suffered from small production scale (not enough CD's been made for everyone) and as the game got older they would gather greater value.

Some classics have been re-released as downloads, and usually at cheap prices... meaning people would pay less for the original CD's.

The Escapist had an article about this some time ago but I can't find a link to it.

allofus

Reaction score
x10hosting.com = free = unbeatable price for games

Wolfenstein is really fun to play, better than I expected, almost makes me want to go out and buy it, but hmm, I am too busy playing the game. Maybe later...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
x10hosting.com = free = unbeatable price for games

Wolfenstein is really fun to play, better than I expected, almost makes me want to go out and buy it, but hmm, I am too busy playing the game. Maybe later...

Don't post links to sites where you can pirate games. Consider this a warning.

allofus

Reaction score
Yes Sir,

There are tons of open-source, freeware and shareware games and game demo's on there, I distribute legal content on there, as do millions of other people.

Some of the flash games are hillarious...

My favourite one;
Throwing shoes at Bush.

fractalfeline

Reaction score
I think the best deal I ever got was many many years ago. So I was the really young geeky girl who frequented the local game shop (I forget it's name) on a weekly basis because it was essentially next door to the grocery store my parents went to. I think I was way too young to comprehend that loaning games was a money sink (I should have bought them, durr but it's cheaper to rent right? Unless you like the game!) Anyhow, so I was there, and someone was at the counter and pondering aloud whether it was a good idea to buy a Genesis for their kid, would they like it, was it a good system, etc. So being the silly kid I was, I go up and expound on how totally awesome it was, I wish I had one, my friend has one and it's so totally cool, etc. So I helped make the sale, and after the parent bought the system and left, a few minutes later the guy at the counter (must have been the owner) gave me a few NES sports games for freebie. Granted, they were in bad shape (so I gave them a good cleaning with my cleaning kit) but hey, it's freebie, whatcha expect?

lol I still have my NES too. Still works!

PicTech1

Reaction score
Best deal I've found so far was forgetting I BOUGHT a game and finding it in the stack last night.

Case in point: Overlord. Gotta love forgetting where I put things on occasion.

like christmas only different!

eliasthecrimson

Prime Account
Reaction score
Best deal I can remember right now must have been when I got the original Half-Life off steam for 99 cent, on a weekend sale. Less than a dollar for such a legendary game. :nuts:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Speaking of deals. This one is happening right now at Direct 2 Drive.
http://www.direct2drive.com/d2dturns5

Enjoy!

I saw these deals taking place not too long ago. Haven't stocked up on the games I haven't gotten yet but if it's still going on when I get the chance, I'll order a few more games from Direct2Drive. Of course, it's a timed thing so if I don't get anything within the time frame, then oh well :{

Last edited: