Whats The Best Image Gallery

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys think is the best image gallery? 4Images Gallery, Coppermine Photo Gallery, or Gallery??

Iceman

Reaction score
Coppermine is good, but I've always liked 4images a little more. All in all, I never really use them anymore. I just use randomizer scripts if I need to show images.

arkitek

Reaction score
coppermine seems to work for everyone... plus you can make it look awesome...
there are some sweet flash-galleries out there too, they look 100x better than all of them... (picture gallery at hardcorehomecoming.com has it featured)

Richard

Reaction score
Coppermine is one of the best if not the best and It has the easiest install I have found so far (for galleries that is).

n4tec

Reaction score
Coppermine is the best and it can easily intergrate with other scripts...

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Ok, Thanks guys Im going to give coppermine a go :happy:

zhizhaqy

Reaction score
i prefer like to use gallery because i dont use coppermine yet .. :p maybe a time in the future i will using it.

Tyler said:
I was wondering what you guys think is the best image gallery? 4Images Gallery, Coppermine Photo Gallery, or Gallery??

zhizhaqy

Reaction score
i prefer like to use gallery because i dont use coppermine yet .. :p maybe a time in the future i will using it.

Tyler said:

ed2k3

Reaction score
Coppermine hands down. It's easy to install, works in nearly all environments and hosts cause it supports gd and imagemagick, gallery does not support gd, and because it integrates with many CMS. 9/10 to CPG.

khr1z

Reaction score
I guess gallery because it's the only one i've used and work perfectly with mambo.

Vietkid58

Reaction score
i don't like any of those types. i use a program to create my own gallery...

ss128

Reaction score
well, to be honest your own image gallery would be better then the commercial ones, mainly because it can be fully customized to your needs.

but comercialwise, coppermine pwns all.

jordis

Reaction score
I'm also trying to decide which photo gallery to choose from...
I can't decide between Coppermine & 4images.
Couple of questions about features:
1) I'd like multiple users to be able to upload images in the same album. i.e. if I create a folder "Lolo's Wedding", I'd like my friends to be able to post pictures of that particular event in that particular album, instead of each user having to create their own albums and post there (obviously, they should also be able to do that
2) I'd like to be able to view the full-size original pic (in a new window, for example) when clicking the "medium-size" picture.

As far as I've searched, 4images lets you do #1 and there's a mod/hack for #2.
Can Coppermine do this?
Any heavy-duty Copperminers out there?

DragoZERO

Reaction score
i like coppermine, but i've only used 4images which is great too. but i think i like coppermine's layout better. its much cleaner and all.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Without hessitating, it's Coppermine, at least i't been the best for me since you can choose how it looks like.

Chicaloca

Reaction score
I used 4images a few years ago, but I wasn't happy with it. I use Coppermine now and it's work really well, plus you can make it look great.