What's the better linux distro?

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
not to sound like an advertisement but
i've been a member of http://www.linuxquestions.org for many years now and they have helped me solve many of my issues. it is a HUGE forum with lots of active members, i would reccomend signing up there
p.s. i am not affiliated with them in any way and am NOT advertising for them ;)
hope ta see ya there
good luck
ad·ver·tise
thinsp.png
Audio Help /ˈæd
thinsp.png
vərˌtaɪz, ˌæd
thinsp.png
vərˈtaɪz/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ad-ver-tahyz, ad-ver-tahyz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -tised, -tis·ing. –verb (used with object) 1.to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste. 2.to give information to the public about; announce publicly in a newspaper, on radio or television, etc.: to advertise a reward.
I'm also a member of that forum.

kanno

Reaction score
im thinking of either Ubuntu or Knoppix

although i didnt try any, but knoppix has always been recommended on linux.com for hardware

Go with Ubuntu... knoppix is not a real distro.

manzoor

Reaction score
UBuntu great support, easy

didnt have any problems setting up but i uninstalled due to my low hard disk 40 gb

Jose Magsino

Reaction score
yeah ubuntu is nice, or opensuse 10.3, but i'm into debian etch hehehe or debian lenny - the mother of ubuntu!

Last edited: