What's the random question for?

idontkno

Reaction score
What's the random question for? I don't really see the point of having it there.

tittat

Reaction score
New users will be placed in the usergroup "New User", when they post, it'll require a question to be answered. After 10 posts, they will then be moved into "Registered Users" which does not require the question. This should stop the spam from bots who sign up and make a few posts.

idontkno

Reaction score
New users will be placed in the usergroup "New User", when they post, it'll require a question to be answered. After 10 posts, they will then be moved into "Registered Users" which does not require the question. This should stop the spam from bots who sign up and make a few posts.

Oh. I thought the question would stay there forever, which was why I asked. Thanks.

zen-r

Reaction score
That's an interesting new development (wasn't there when I signed up).

Let's hope it works!

(Out of nosey curiosity, what sort of questions do you get asked? Proper problem-solvers, or just a Captcha, which asks you to re-type an obscured word?)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, that's new to me. I'm guessing that's why some members have a "+" next to their name as well?

It still seems like we get some spam from time to time. I've reported maybe 10-15 threads for spam.

zen-r

Reaction score
I've also reported at least that number of spammy posts, probably a lot more.

Idea : We should have another icon like our Rep+ icon, which indicates how many spammers we've zapped. Much the same way as those WWII fighter pilots had symbols painted on the side of their plane, to show how many planes they'd shot down!

Mind you, we could get quite competitive over it! :biggrin:

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Can the icons be little cans of spam? If so, I'm in! Also, it'd be nice if every point counted, and not 1/10 like the regular rep system :(

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Yeah, that's new to me. I'm guessing that's why some members have a "+" next to their name as well?

It still seems like we get some spam from time to time. I've reported maybe 10-15 threads for spam.

IIRC the + symbol means your friends on the forum.

whollick

Reaction score
That certainly seems reasonable, given all the bots that sign onto forums.