Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Filezilla Project

Votes: 80 84.2%
  • CoreFTP

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters

briapv

Reaction score
I want to know of you guys what FTP Client do you like?
I really like CoreFTP as it does not hang on ''150 Accepted Data Connection'' like on Filezilla

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I've used FileZilla in the past multiple times before, so I chose that.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
On the Mac side, Cyberduck is a popular one. There's also ftpfs, which depends on MacFUSE and lets you treat FTP sites as mountable filesystems. MacFUSE is based on the Linux FUSE package. FUSE and MacFUSE provide support for all kinds of interesting filesystems, such as sshfs, GrabFS (screenshots as filesystem), NTFS-3G (writable NTFS on Linux and OS X), ZFS, btfs (basic bluetooth functionality as a filesystem), WikipediaFS (yeah, you heard me), tagfs (a media filesystem using tags as pathnames), YouTubeFS, MySQLfs and SQLFS-Fuse. Not that many of those are beyond alpha.

Last edited:

zapzack

Reaction score
On the Mac side, Cyberduck is a popular one. There's also ftpfs, which depends on MacFUSE and lets you treat FTP sites as mountable filesystems. MacFUSE is based on the Linux FUSE package. FUSE and MacFUSE provide support for all kinds of interesting filesystems, such as sshfs, GrabFS (screenshots as filesystem), NTFS-3G (writable NTFS on Linux and OS X), ZFS, btfs (basic bluetooth functionality as a filesystem), WikipediaFS (yeah, you heard me), tagfs (a media filesystem using tags as pathnames), YouTubeFS, MySQLfs and SQLFS-Fuse. Not that many of those are beyond alpha.

Great list.. Though I use http://www.macfusionapp.org/ instead of MacFUSE..

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I voted filezilla as that is what I've always used. Never needed to try anything else.

taha116

Reaction score
I dont use them that much. Infact its rare that i do, espacially since i started using D/W.

If i need chmodding i use cPanle FM its still simple....

I have tried out all 3 in the past and FZ is definatley simple and easy to use so for sure FZ

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Speaking of ftp, can anyone recommend a good free ftp client for the iPod?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Speaking of ftp, can anyone recommend a good free ftp client for the iPod?

The iPod Touch at the moment does not have an FTP client. If you were to jailbreak it, you'd then be able to install a client.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmmm, FTP on the Go is advertised as a full featured ipod touch ftp client, but it's $7 and I don't want to pay that much. I'm pretty cheap I guess. :biggrin:

Yeah, maybe I'll jailbreak mine.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Jumping in to report an invalid poll option - SmartFTP is NOT a freeware application.

The demo expires in 30 days.

http://www.smartftp.com/features/editions.php

Home costs $36.95 once the demo expires.

SmartFTP stopped being freeware quite some time ago actually; it's gone to 30 day demo, then you have to buy it.

Last edited:

redivy

Reaction score
I had used FileZilla, and thought it was good. Then, I got a new computer. Just for kicks, I installed FireFTP as an add-on to FireFox for less than 1MB, and accessible from the browser, and didn't see much of a difference.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've tried many different FTP clients. I'd say Filezilla is best, by far. It has just what I need and nothing less, nothing more. It's a very good, solid program and I think it'll continue to grow better.

deltavolt

Reaction score
Hmmm, FTP on the Go is advertised as a full featured ipod touch ftp client, but it's $7 and I don't want to pay that much. I'm pretty cheap I guess. :biggrin:

Yeah, maybe I'll jailbreak mine.
I use iStorage on my iPhone, it's FTP and more. Works very well for me.

FileZilla for my Mac and PC.

deltavolt

Reaction score
Is iStorage free and is it on the app store?

It is in the AppStore but it's not free. It is, however, cheaper than the alternative you mentioned. It is also, back when I was looking at the Apps at least, more feature-rich.