Votes: 80 84.2%
  • CoreFTP

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok, I'll take a look and see what I can find.

halo3gopher

Reaction score
I've actually use a couple FTP clients, and I have to say Filezilla was the best. It was easy to manage all of the FTP servers and it was fairly fast. I don't think I would really need anything better than FileZilla.

teh1337bitty

Reaction score
I used to use CoreFTP, but then it had font errors a few months later.

Then, I switched to FileZilla and it had more features.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It appears that Filezilla is the best, it's winning :). It currently has 93.33% of the votes. :D

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I use iStorage on my iPhone, it's FTP and more. Works very well for me.

FileZilla for my Mac and PC.
Alright, I bought iStorage and it fits the bill! Thanks. :biggthump

Xemnas

Reaction score
I would have to say that FileZilla is my favourite. I can recall using SmartFTP back when it was freeware, and it certainly wasn't as easy or useful as FileZilla has been for me. For instance, with FileZilla it's easy to manage the files on the server, no messing around with some lame web-based frontend :)

Last edited:

str82u

Reaction score
The only problem I had with core was moving my settings between Vista laptops. Didn't seem to matter where I put the files, but I'm not sure I had it right to begin with. I use the hell out of ftp.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I support FileZilla all the way 'til the end.
Why? simply because it's free, excellent (better than some commercial product), fast, updated regularly and because it has an extensive user base.

stanpotts

Reaction score
I enjoy using the built in FTP client in Nautilus (on Ubuntu). It lets me mount my FTP folder as if a standard network share - so I can edit files directly on the server, saving time downloading + uploading.

Of course, I won't have a new backup, and if the server goes down when im writing to it..., and read/write times seem a little slow, but it is damn convenient!

faba5594

Reaction score
I voted FileZilla, but I used to use FireFTP. It's an add-on for Firefox that opens up as a tab in the browser, but is just like any other FTP client. The layout is very similar to FileZilla, although there's some features of FireFTP that I like better than FileZilla.

fourthtalk

Reaction score
Its been a while since I have used a standalone FTP client - but I think either cuteFTP or fillezilla is the better of the group.

frins

Reaction score
My favorite FTP client is Filezilla, it's easy, very translated and reliable and fast.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
I use D3lphin, (one of the two KDE file browsers). The main reason is that it integrates perfectly with the rest of my desktop, i.e. the ftp folder is simply another folder that I have open, making work easy. I have however used both gFtp and fireFTP (a firefox plugin) before.

fhogoman

Reaction score
Filezilla is my vote, I've used cuteftp, leechftp, 3dftp, smartftp...etc and filezilla has done me just fine so I stopped and have not gone back to the others

playminigames

Reaction score
I usually use filezilla, but sometimes i try different ones just to get a new feel or look, and none of them are as good as filezilla, its the best at getting the job done.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I haven't used many FTP clients in my time, but I really liked filezilla.

At the moment I'm using the built in one in Fedora.

~Callum