What's your OS?

Conquester777

Reaction score
I liked Windows95 the best. Windows98se is also good.

I'm just WinXP... just because, I'd perfer the professional version. Cause windows'll do everything for me, but I can still mess around with it when I want to.

But I use Linux at school, it's okay.

ScienceComp314

Reaction score
I have Windows XP. Windows XP is the best in my opinion. Windows ME sucked so I upgraded! The only things that were in ME that was not in 98 was system restore and the ability to share one internet connection with more than one computer at the same time.

Matthews255

Reaction score
Im a Windows person myself. Been using it since 3.1.
But im getting Knoppix bootable so i can try out a Linux OS.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
My o/s is Windows xp pro sp1 slipstreamed and tweaked with sp2 added and a couple other programs. Runs great. Slipstreaming is the way to go

ed2k3

Reaction score
I am using dual boot with windows XP and Kubuntu (ubuntu but with the kde desktop instead of gnome). Kubuntu rocks!

izmaelis

Reaction score
I was very very very interested in Linux until few days ago I noiced that configuring and administering Linux takes too much time for me. Hell yeah, using Linux is all about configuring your stuff. I was using Linux for about to years both on my noteboo and desktop and I must say that I wasn't newbie, I knew how and why some things work on Linux.
Maybe I got my brain overheated, but I removed Gentoo Linux from my notebook and jumped to Windows XP Home Edition (that came with a laptop) SP2. Now I'm using operating system that I have payed for and I'm happy about it.
BTW, I think that ideas "Linux desktop can run much more faster", "Linux desktop is more secure then any other" are totally untrue. If you are advanced user (and I think I am such) Windows will be fast, secure, reliable operating system.

...but if I haven't Windows XP on my notebook by default I wouldn't pay for the license and stayed with free Linux forever. (-:
...well buying legal Windows is worth it, but if you don't have enough money stick with open source.