When you update your .css file is there a lag time to update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eetoolsx

Reaction score
So I am doing some things to my .css file and I save the changes however when I go to view the website URL the .css file that is loading by the browser is not the updated version that was just saved?

Is there a lag time between when I save changes and when they will appear in the production URL?

caftpx10

Reaction score
That would be Varnish server-side caching. You would need to wait for a bit or alternatively temporarily turn it off via htaccess config.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Is there a lag time between when I save changes and when they will appear in the production URL?
the cache server maybe why there is a delay before you 'see' the file(s) - after you upload it - or see a new 'post'
the caching time (delay) S/B about 5 seconds for dynamic content and about 5 minutes for static content - there are posts in this forum about it being longer

staff has said - to override [ Varnish cache ] try adding the following line to your [ .htaccess ] file in folder [ public_html ]
Code:
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"

the current 'cache' (if any) will need to time-out before this setting becomes effective

You can also check at [ http://isvarnishworking.com ] to see if the .htaccess modification is working. It should say "Yes! Sort of." and then you should see the Cache-Control header underneath

Last edited:

eetoolsx

Reaction score
Hmmm I added that to my .htaccess but still doesnt seem to change. The file on my FTP is updated however the URL is not..... Yar

eetoolsx

Reaction score
Ok never mind! I had to wait a bit for it to sync up now it responds without the cache! TY

Status
Not open for further replies.