Where Is My Website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanyy

Reaction score
About 2 months ago, my mobile phone which i use to access the internet was stolen, and when I came back later with a new phone, my account had been suspended.
I filed a request explaining why i couldn't log in (as I was told to do) and then waited for my account to be re-opened (I have waited for weeks.)
Today I try to log in and i get told that my account has been removed??? What's that?

My hosting username is stanyy. I had thought this was the best free hosting service. If you won't like to host me anymore, then allow me access to move my files. Thank you.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Your appeal had been denied; I've attached the reply that had been given to the dispute below. Please note that disputes don't guarantee the account will be unsuspended, just that the suspension would be reviewed:

Hello,

Thank you for submitting an appeal against the suspension imposed upon your x10Hosting free web hosting account. We have reviewed your account and the information included within your appeal. Unfortunately after careful consideration the information submitted with your appeal does not adequately justify removal of the suspension. The suspension was issued due to a proxy having been used to sign up for the account, along with current login activity indicating that the primary account holder is in a country we have blacklisted due to abuse. As such, we cannot continue service at this time.

In accordance with the x10Hosting Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy agreed to upon registration the suspension will remain permanently. This decision is final.

At this time, data backups are not available as detailed in sections 6 and 8 of the x10Hosting Terms of Service.

http://x10hosting.com/terms

Best regards,
The x10Hosting Abuse Team

stanyy

Reaction score
That is not acceptable.
I am a Nigerian and I live in Nigeria. I signed up on x10hosting with my mobile phone using the Operamini mobile browser. Telling me I signed up with a proxy is just a silly excuse to boot me out of the system just because you want to kick people out.

I signed up legally and cleanly and I've been using x10hosting for almost 2 years. If the ban on Nigerians is a recent one then that's your problem, don't tell me I signed up with a proxy.

I have a forum on my account which i set up for people in my school to discuss. If you won't activate my account, then allow me move my files, period.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
As already detailed, the suspension was valid and was permanent - Nigeria's been in the blacklist for longer than two years as well, indicating that the proxy did indeed allow you to bypass the country restriction. While I understand that it's inconvenient it was discovered now, the fact still remains that there is nothing we can do as the account was already terminated in accordance with the Terms of Service. When that happened, all data was purged - there is no data left to provide.

I do wish you good luck at your next host, but there's nothing more we can do at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.