Which browser?

joseph grech

Reaction score
Hello there guys and girls

First of all I'd like to congratulate Corey and the team for an ever-improving service, and the endeavour to expand horizons. There's always room for improvements, but really, notwithstanding the occasional complaint, I think you guys deserve a good round of applause...

I was just wondering, given that, it appears some pages do not show up perfectly (e.g. forum home) whether the browser used makes a substantive difference to the way web pages appear. I use Explorer... and as I'm saying some pages keep appearing with confused layout, superimposed texts etc.

Again, thumbs up for the good work.

joseph

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Internet Explorer is known to have issues displaying certain websites / web pages. I do not know if this applies to any x10hosting pages or the forums because I primarily use Firefox, sometimes Google Chrome. I can tell you that I have never had any issues of any kind using Firefox.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Which version of explorer.

I just tested it in IE8 and i had no issues.

Last edited:

jimd999

Reaction score
In my experience, in terms of how they plot pages, Web browsers fall into two groups:

1. Internet Explorer 6.
2. Everything else.

IE7 and IE8 are both still inferior in some areas to Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and so forth, in terms of standards compliance, although IE8 is pretty decent for Microsoft. But these days most code should look about the same in anything as long as you're not in IE6. If you are you should upgrade.

aliadan

Reaction score
Internet Explorer is known to have issues displaying certain websites / web pages. I do not know if this applies to any x10hosting pages or the forums because I primarily use Firefox, sometimes Google Chrome. I can tell you that I have never had any issues of any kind using Firefox.

the internet explorer 8 is best to use

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I think he meant IE8 is the best out of all of the versions of Internet Explorer (6,7,8). IE8 is pretty good. IE7 was pretty good too, but it had some issues with some rendering of pages. IE6 was hit or miss. Most sites at the time needed separate Stylesheets for IE6.

katiegirl

Reaction score
IE8 is sloooow but I never have probs with it - but I generally surf using flock as it integrates myspace and yahoo better than vanilla firefox, although thats only my opinion... i'm not a huge fan of chrome, as it bugs out on some sites I infest ;)

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't use IE and have not used it in a long time, but I hear from and read about people who have issues with all versions of IE, (including IE8), loading or displaying some web pages incorrectly and the problem always seems to go away when they try Firefox or oven Chrome. I have looked at and used IE8 on computers other than my own and it appears to me that MS went a little overboard trying to "enhance" the users browsing experience. It is too complex IMHO and the more complex something is, the more likely it is too malfunction.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Just noticed something funny. I did not deliberately put a smiley after "(including IE )... " in my previous post. The forum converted the eight and close parentheses to the smiley. I don't think I would ever include a smiley with any phrase which included IE or Windows...

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think I would ever use include a smiley with any phrase which included IE or Windows...
Unless such a phrase was "I just deleted IE and then threw my Windows PC off the roof 8)".