Which Company 'rules the world'?

ikki()

Reaction score
Which company (That creates consoles) do you think rules the videogame scene?

I have to say Nintendo. They've been around longer, they made many more consoles, they made many more 'High-Ranking' games (I.E. Super Mario), and everybody knows there name. A little kid sure knows the word Nintendo before Sony.

?

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes... Nintendo... It was one of the firsts...
I loved family game :p Which company was it from?

apple19

Reaction score
ninetendo sure is big for the little kids, but look at sony, not only are they famous for playstation, which kids and people of all ages use, but they make tons of other technology such as cameras, computers, tvs and more! so sure nintendo has been around longer the game area, however any little gamer kid has also heard of playstation, as well as adults, even the ones that arent gamers. Nintendos for kids.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
See, the problem is you had to limit it by "that creates consoles". You end up alienating Natsume (Harvest Moon series), Atlus Software (Trauma Center: Under the Knife, Summon Night Swordcraft Story), Konami (Lost in Blue, DDR), SNK (King of Fighters series (up until it got bought out, then it kinda sucked))...

But, sticking with the tradition of "that creates consoles," Microsoft. I'm using windows. I have a windows mouse. I have a keyboard with a windows logo on it. My desktop is a windows default. My sound scheme is windows default. I'm using windows firewall....Get the picture? :p

Now if you limit it to "that creates consoles, but based only on their games," Microsoft loses it's lead to me, beaten by nintendo...Then again, Microsoft does have that one $200 xbox game, Steel Batallion.

I'd personaly prefer to break the rules right now, so don't expect the next line to say my favorite is Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft (and don't expect it to be a company you even hear about in the news anymore either)...

Sega. I still remember plopping my backside down on the floor and running through loops as Sonic, or trying fruitlessly to rip the other guy's heart out as Talon in Primal Rage. Maybe throw in a little MKII here or there, but mostly Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic & Knuckles. Good times... *runs off to play some more*

(huh. That turned into more of a rant than I wanted it to >_<)

N2PGames

Reaction score
Microsoft Rules the world or gaming and somday will rule the Hole Entire world! and that day SONY & Nintendo [Include all the companies they own] will be Copyrighted Matrails of Microsoft Corp...

I can see it Now! at the end of a movie you'll see "A Sony Studio Film is part of Microsoft Corporations"

=========
MicrotechXP said:
Sony. Sony is the best with the PSP, PS3, and the PS2.

HAHAH SONY PSP is my Import Tuner D.H

Last edited:

thinhso

Reaction score
I have PS2 console ,so I will vote for Sony . Yes , amazing company rules the game's world .

Zenax

Reaction score
N2PGames said:
Microsoft Rules the world or gaming and somday will rule the Hole Entire world! and that day SONY & Nintendo [Include all the companies they own] will be Copyrighted Matrails of Microsoft Corp...

I can see it Now! at the end of a movie you'll see "A Sony Studio Film is part of Microsoft Corporations"

=========

HAHAH SONY PSP is my Import Tuner D.H

I have to agree with N2PGames! Microsoft Rules the World of Gaming!

devin

Reaction score
Microsoft is taking over the World. But I still think Sony is great.

ProjectB

Reaction score
the playstations kick so much god damn ass, but ultimately everything goes through microsoft, the games develpoment people undoubtedly use XP.

clareto

Reaction score
I really, really *really* dont understand the behavior of the people all over the world. There was Unix and Mac, but people prefered Windows. There was ICQ and AOLIM but people prefered Messenger. There was Navigator, Mosaic and Opera, but people prefered Explorer. And there is PS and nintendo, but people is preferring XBox. Its really weird.

So, I have to say: Microsoft Rules.

Cubeform

Reaction score
clareto said:
There was Unix and Mac, but people prefered Windows.
Well, let's see, Apple went through some very horrible management, and Unix-style OS's are becoming popular.
clareto said:
There was ICQ and AOLIM but people prefered Messenger.
No, they didn't. They did here in Canada, but in the US, AIM/Yahoo is still popular. And, of course, Messenger has no spyware.
clareto said:
There was Navigator, Mosaic and Opera, but people prefered Explorer.
Now people are preferring Firefox and others. Besides, Navigator was a horrible web browser.
clareto said:
And there is PS and nintendo, but people is preferring XBox. Its really weird.

So, I have to say: Microsoft Rules.
People are preferring Xbox? Where? The Xbox and Xbox 360 has about 29 million units sold, and the PS2 106 units.

Besides, you are using other divisions of Microsoft to make your point. This is about consoles.

I have to say Sony currently owns the market, thanks to their friends in Japan. But will they stay loyal after they see the huge PS3 with no dual shock controllers?

ProjectB said:
ultimately everything goes through microsoft
That's not the point! The point is in deciding which company rules the world through consoles.

Last edited:

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
regardless of how many units sold the xbox is far better than PS2 the fact that sony buy up the rights to the games so they cant be released on xbox really gets to me and as for 360 well it sets the standard for console gaming and PS3 will have a hard job to match it...if it ever gets released lol
and with xbox live Microsoft are the clear leaders, btw its total unfair to go on about how many more ps2 units were sold compared to xbox because ps2 was out nearly 2 years b4 xbox so its bown to have sold more and the fact that it is still more for a ps2 than an xbox is just stupid when the xbox spec ****s on ps2 i used to like sony but now i hate them. lol i had to replace my pspoo at least 4 times due to the crap build quality and my xbox i have never replaced its been fine since day 1 i have all three consoles xbox,xbox360 and ps2 im am no fan boy of microsoft i just know which is better and that is clearly xbox.

Come on sony let microsoft have the rights to F1 so i can have an F1 game on my 360.

Last edited:

jaint

Reaction score
EA Games and Vivendi! EA Games has rights to most of the bigger games and they buy out companies that seem of interest to them (like when EA acquired Maxis). Vivendi buys all the rights to movie based games, like scarface and stuff, so they basically create games from movie plots - like Miami Vice.