Which domain buyer do you use? which is cheapest or safer?

randomize

Reaction score
Hey,

Title of this topic describes it all really don't it!

I am looking into buying a domain, and I was wondering where the cheapest or the safest, or the best deals are, and which ones you use?

So post away!

Regards,
Randomize

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I got my from either hostway.com or MegaDomainers.com

Both have been really good to me, and the 2nd one, has ways to lock the domain management, so people can't come in and tamper with nameservers, registration or whatnot.

Anyway, thats my two cents.

Jacob

Reaction score
I've bought two domain names, one for a (1) year period and another for a (5) year period. I bought them both from GoDaddy.com. I've had great experience with GoDaddy. You know it's legit if they can buy a commercial during the SuperBowl ;)
They're cheap, fast and offer excellent customer service.

Chris Z

Reaction score
well i've heard iPower is pretty good, i've never actually had a domain name so i wouldn't know but they have their $2.95 domains for a one year domain. anyone else have a iPower domain and wouldn't mind telling us about it?

Torch

Reaction score
THE best place to buy a domain would be www.netfirms.com

They cost $5 per year, you get free privacy (which almost all others charge extra), free hosting (not good one, but hosting none the less), one subdomain and email and complete control over your domain.

I've been buying using them for more than 2 years, they have great support and are 100% reliable.

Last edited:

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I like godaddy but i can get them for 2.99 from yahoo. I still rather godaddy though.

You can also get them for 6.95 instead of 8.95 from godaddy if you use the coupon code "diggnation" (watch the diggnation podcast and you would know)

-Tyler

Cynical

Reaction score
Yahoo!'s domains are back up to 10 bucks per year: http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/

I bought mine through GoDaddy, they run a great service there. My domain worked almost instantly and hasn't stopped working since I bought it a few months ago.

Chris Z

Reaction score
i just buoght two domains with iPower last night, and got the account emails within the next hour, they set them up pretty fast and it was easy to change the nameservers once you found the configuration part but the other domain was for someone else who had hosting elsewhere, but his isn't quite working yet, he's just set it up as a redirect right now but i haven't had experience with any other domain registrars so, i'd give iPower a 10/10 for their cheap domains!

Conor

Reaction score
GoDaddy.com is my choice. Reliable, and like Jacob said, you know they are good when they have TV commercials.

benryip

Reaction score
This isn't a suggestion, but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with trying to take a domain off someone's hands on Sedo.com. Any successes or complaints?

I have a friend who has used GoDaddy, and he pretty much verifies all the comments about them here.

rogue8713

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of great things about GoDaddy, plus there's usually a good deal on domains. I'm not sure if it's still running, but I believe domains are onlu $1.99 for a year.

Conor

Reaction score
Hmm well having a bad experience with GoDaddy.com right now. I ordered a domain name and paid and they decided to change it on me. They added a number at the end. Quite pissed right now.

k12onos

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of great things about GoDaddy, plus there's usually a good deal on domains. I'm not sure if it's still running, but I believe domains are onlu $1.99 for a year.

Oh Yes, Godaddy.com is still alive :D i think they are good in promotion that everyone loves it :)

Hmm well having a bad experience with GoDaddy.com right now. I ordered a domain name and paid and they decided to change it on me. They added a number at the end. Quite pissed right now.

what do you mean by they decided to change it on me ?

i use godaddy.com and its pretty satisfying. except they didnt use cpanel which i love :D

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
k12onos said:
Oh Yes, Godaddy.com is still alive :D i think they are good in promotion that everyone loves it :)

what do you mean by they decided to change it on me ?

i use godaddy.com and its pretty satisfying. except they didnt use cpanel which i love :D

Conor means that he chose a domain name and paid for it; however, the one that he received wasn't that one he wanted because there was an additional number at the end of the name (i.e. conorswebsite7.com)