• Total voters

cr2112

Reaction score
Microsft hotmail has many types of email ........@____.com

which one is better @live.com , @hotmail.com , or @msn.com

lastrider

Reaction score
Re: Which email is better

I don't like hotmail at all. I used to use hotmail as my primary email address though it's spam guard was pathetic and its user interface was slow and not so easy to use, well compared to GMail anyway.

Ever since I started using GMail I never looked back.

GBH187

Reaction score

this thread is stupid, it makes no difference its the same thing
oh and its terrible

Dan

Reaction score

I am leaving this thread open for the moment, although hotmail, live and msn are the same thing. Changing title though.

Anyway, out of those domains I'd msn.com - easy to remember and really short.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Honestly it doesn't really make a difference which one you have. It basically all depends on what address is available.

Jordan C

Reaction score
I like live.com. But I've got windowslive.com because, well, I honestly don't know why.

onyxmoron

Reaction score
Personally I like live.com because it sounds "generic" and isn't necessarily instantly recognizable as something owned by Microsoft. ;)

EDIT: Forgot to say I'm with the people who would avoid hotmail altogether. It's not the worst way to get email but it's not as good as gmail.

Last edited:

Dazz

Reaction score
???? emails email isn't it? What does it matter where its @ lol.

I use this thread to bring to your attention the dangerous new affliction sweeping the world................. EMAIL ADDICTION. Or more specifically email account addiction, I myself once suffered from this terrible problem and had a total of 13 hotmail, live, msn etc accounts as well as several others. So far I've managed to cut back to 4 hotmail and 3 others but not everyone is so lucky...... if you have more than 7 separate accounts then it is likely you suffer this unusual problem and should seek help immediately :lol::lol:

Really? Really? Brian, Are you sure?

themcman1

Reaction score
I use this thread to bring to your attention the dangerous new affliction sweeping the world................. EMAIL ADDICTION. Or more specifically email account addiction, I myself once suffered from this terrible problem and had a total of 13 hotmail, live, msn etc accounts as well as several others. So far I've managed to cut back to 4 hotmail and 3 others but not everyone is so lucky...... if you have more than 7 separate accounts then it is likely you suffer this unusual problem and should seek help immediately :lol::lol:

I agree. I have four at the moment, I think, and thats a pain to do, especially with hotmail and ymails lack of IMAP or proper POP3 support, especially in hotmails case.

As to the domains, it doesnt really matter. Just pick whichever ones available.

Max1337

Reaction score
I don't like hotmail.
It's slow (it takes a few minutes for you to even receive an email)
Unsecure (as it has been hacked many times)
And has a poor spam protection system (as it filters some stuff out thats not even classified as spam)

I'd recommend using Gmail. :)

RossSchVle

Banned
Reaction score
I like using my own email address on msn, but I do like the @hotmail.co.uk one just cause I have one for ages ;)

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
well I have @hotmail.com and think it's the easiest to remember (people always ask.. hey, what's your hotmail address?).. @live.com has a better meaning and I think it looks better too.

fempower

Reaction score
I haven't used Hotmail since before Microsoft bought them. It was always slow to send and receive mail, too full of bloat (taking forever to load), too easily hacked, too spam-prone (one of those places where people seem to find and spam even the newest accounts within minutes). Adding Microsoft to the mix only made it all worse. I'll stick with Gmail.

socialnu2

Reaction score
Yeh, gmail for sure. Its just pathetic really compared to competitors.
Hotmail is the past.
Gmail is the future.

Sohail

Reaction score
Well live is shorter otherwise there's nothing really special or different about the domains.

Jon.Monreal

Reaction score
It seems to me that @live.com addresses sound a lot more professional.

Everyone knows that @hotmail.com is your basic generic email address, and @msn.com is quite obvious as well. With @live.com at least it seems somewhat original.

Archkronos

Reaction score
@archkronos.exofire.net ;)

Yeah, my email is powered by Hotmail.

I did it because it was easier to set up than google's email hosting and it also is 10-fold better than Horde/Squirel Mail (or whatever the builtin ones are).

Also I love the interface.

Go figure, it's forwarded into my gmail anyway.

T

themasterrocker

Yes but hotmail has a rubbish spam protection. if you report something they delete it and don't do anything about it.

Thats my downside for Hotmail