which is best method?

balaji2u

Reaction score
which is the best method to make a site map?
adding meta tag in our site or uploading a HTML file does any difference exists between these two methods?

jspcodes

Reaction score
I think you are asking this for SEO optimization. First important thing is to have your site map correctly.
Online sitemap creation site http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
Second is that you want to concentrate on meta tags. Meta tags are less important to google than your headings. Google considers h1 tag as important thing. But still it considers meta tags too. So try to use both.

freecrm

Reaction score
Be aware that sitemap generators such as xml-sitemaps create a good listing but do not prioritise each one as you might - so have a look through the final output and ammend as required.

On optimisation, I understand that the major engines prioritise on

URL content
Meta Title
Meta Description
<h1>
Body Text
Recency

They also track link backs (links to your page from other sites) and click through rates.

You can check how well you're indexed by using Google wemaster tools which is free.

In addition, they used to use meta keywords, but from what I understand, this was being abused too much and is no longer used to the same degree.

The trouble is, if you can't get into the first few pages of your prefered search engine, it's difficult to raise through the ranks so try to concentrate on niche wording that is more specific to your site.

For instance, "Forum" would be lost in millions of other sites as would "Gaming Forum", but "Gaming Forum XBox360 RPG" would give you a better chance.

In addition, remember to use the "alt" and longdescription tags on your images - these get picked up on by image search engines.

balaji2u

Reaction score
r u asking other seo submit sites or search engines?
anyway other search engines are
1.alta vista
2.ask
3.aol
4.hotbot
sry if it was too beginner level :)
Edit:
r u asking other seo submit sites or search engines?
anyway other search engines are
1.alta vista
2.ask
3.aol
4.hotbot
sry if it was too beginner level :)

Last edited:

freecrm

Reaction score
Do anybody know about other search engines?

I know about Google the most because we track the metrics and index stats regularly.

The following is a belief, not fact.

I believe that Google now prioritises more on recency, click-throughs and link-ins/out.

This has been tested using the same page and checking the ranking with Google, Yahoo and Live - the three most common.

Which means that getting better ranked on Google using SEO is harder these days!!

You also need to bear in mind that possibly 80 to 90% of all searches are google based.

dickey

Reaction score
yeah I heard that yahoo outsourced their search and ads to google... imagine that, virtually giving the whole market to google. but I'm not complainin as I am a google addict.