Android or iPhone

• iPhone

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Android

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

brittbr2

Reaction score
so yesterday I upgraded from android to iPhone and I love my iPhone better it has a better camera and most apps are more up to date than android apps so which do you like better

ajstetson17

Reaction score
Your asking a question that is inherently incorrect. An iPhone is a type of phone while Android is an operating system for many different phones. A better question would be iOS vs Android or iPhone vs (insert specific android phone here).

That being said, I prefer Android over iOS. I have used both and find that Android is better (in my opinion) as long as the phone is good. There are many android phones that are terrible, so the specific phone is important.

The reason I like the Android OS better is because it offers more features, customization, and freedom than iOS.

The reason I like Android phones is that there is more of them to choose from and they offer more features for a cheaper price. For example, my phone has a 1920x1080 display with a quad core 2.5 gHz processor with 3gb of RAM and 64gb of storage space for $349 (unlocked) while an iPhone 6 has a 1334x750 display with a dual core 1.4 gHz processor and only 1gb of ram. The iPhone does come with a 64gb option, but it costs $749 (unlocked). With this comparison, my current phone offers much more power and features for half the price of an iPhone, making it the clear choice for me.

Note: These are my OPINIONS. Everyone has their favorite phones that fit their own personal needs/wants. Just because I like Android OS/Phones better does not mean your choice in phones is bad. In modern times, most phones out there are great.

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's all fun and games and personal preference until you get to audio. If music making is part of the plan, then Android (the OS, not any particular device using it) is a problem because there's a long and inconsistent latency between playback and record due to the way that the audio device(s) are accessed by the OS. It's fundamental to the operating system (all versions up to the current one as of this writing) so there's no way for an app to get around it. iOS doesn't have the same problem, probably because Apple thought from the beginning that a mobile version of Garage Band might be a fun little diversion. There has been a little bit of a stink made about this issue lately, so a future version of Android is likely to address the problem, but in the meantime there's no good way to lay down synchronized tracks (though single-track or stereo direct recording is possible, as long as you're not monitoring from the device).

ajstetson17

Reaction score
It's all fun and games and personal preference until you get to audio. If music making is part of the plan, then Android (the OS, not any particular device using it) is a problem because there's a long and inconsistent latency between playback and record due to the way that the audio device(s) are accessed by the OS. It's fundamental to the operating system (all versions up to the current one as of this writing) so there's no way for an app to get around it. iOS doesn't have the same problem, probably because Apple thought from the beginning that a mobile version of Garage Band might be a fun little diversion. There has been a little bit of a stink made about this issue lately, so a future version of Android is likely to address the problem, but in the meantime there's no good way to lay down synchronized tracks (though single-track or stereo direct recording is possible, as long as you're not monitoring from the device).

An understandable, and true, concern. It would be very difficult for android to introduce that feature due to the large range of devices they have. iOS has the advantage in that category. However, I would never do music making on a phone or tablet, so it is not a major concern for me. But if you are into that, than iPhones have the advantage, and would be a good choice.

dWhite

Reaction score
I don't have either, but if I had to choose I'd take an Android over anything Apple.

I'd actually prefer a Windows phone though, but that's not an option. :p

ken.gervais89

Reaction score
When it comes to which type of phone to use, I guess it really depends on a person's needs, likes or dislikes.

Which phone or tablet they choose will often depend on which TV and/or Internet service that have. Often times, the type pf phones chosen are a result of offers made by TV and Internet providers. iOS and Android lead the way, with Windows lagging behind. That's not to say that Windows phones or tablets are not good, they are great for people who like the familiarity of having and using Windows, so again, it's also about comfort.

Here's a great article that compares iOS and Android numbers against each other. (I'm guessing Windows falls into the other category, along with other systems)
Who's Winning, iOS or Android?

In the end, there's no clear cut winner. Android has the largest market share, while Apple has the largest piece of the financial pie. Then again, nothing Apple related is cheap. It sometimes make a person wonder it really costs them that much more to make their phones, tablets, laptops and PCs. It's almost as thought for Apple, you pay extra for the name. Then again, that's subject for a totally different discussion, and this one is about iPhones (iOS) or Android.

caftpx10

Reaction score
A little off-topic but honestly, it only makes sense to say that the Apple branding to be the reason why the cost is just too high. It was identified that the iWatch for instance has parts (including the case) that costs less than $100 (costing a lot less in the UK). It would make sense to make it cost $100 because of the fees and all of that stuff, but it's current price is just unnecessary.
I did find the iWatch fascinating but it didn't need that dial on the side and... ...well, the insane price.

divaidee

Reaction score
Since your question shows neither evidence of the ability to understand these subjects objectively, nor presence of critical thinking skills, I highly recommend you an iPhone. You'll be happy, while apple is going to take your money for a 100$ phone while returning the favor by spreading the joy of naivety.

ajstetson17

Reaction score
Since your question shows neither evidence of the ability to understand these subjects objectively, nor presence of critical thinking skills, I highly recommend you an iPhone. You'll be happy, while apple is going to take your money for a 100$ phone while returning the favor by spreading the joy of naivety.

The question clearly states that the person asking the question already got an iPhone and were just asking which one you like better. No need to insult anyone. It is your own personal opinion which you like better.

jensen

Reaction score
used a htc running on the andriod system and then the iPhone running the iOS.
I enjoy the fact the iOS allows users to update their system even on the older hardware. (of course there is some lag for the really old hardware). On the andriod, I felt left behind. When they upgrade their OS versions, you are still stuck with the one it shipped.

When you buy the apps, they can be used on all your devices, when you buy new hardware, you still get to download the apps and most of the apps don't cause the phone to "hang". In the andriod system, it's a hit and miss, just try your luck when you download. No one to vet your apps :)

Note: x10hosting, does not require you to post to keep your hosting. (just in case you didn't read the fine print) :)

divaidee

Reaction score
The question clearly states that the person asking the question already got an iPhone and were just asking which one you like better. No need to insult anyone. It is your own personal opinion which you like better.

I understand that she already got the iPhone but I wanted to confirm that she has made the right decision. I apologize for not making this clear.
Since she asked
which do you like better

she asked for our personal, subjective opinion. If she had asked us for an objective discussion / argumentation, I would have done so. But she asked for our opinion. I have a pretty clear opinion about apple, their products and how they do business, if anyone is offended by such an opinion, I'm sorry, but I stand by mine.

ajstetson17

Reaction score
I understand that she already got the iPhone but I wanted to confirm that she has made the right decision. I apologize for not making this clear.

she asked for our personal, subjective opinion. If she had asked us for an objective discussion / argumentation, I would have done so. But she asked for our opinion. I have a pretty clear opinion about apple, their products and how they do business, if anyone is offended by such an opinion, I'm sorry, but I stand by mine.

I am not offended by your opinion. If you look at my earlier post, you can see I actually prefer android. You can have any opinion about any phone you want. I was referring to the part
Since your question shows neither evidence of the ability to understand these subjects objectively, nor presence of critical thinking skills, I highly recommend you an iPhone.
where you are insulting someone else's thinking skills. You can say whatever you want about a company, such as Apple, but you don't have to insult an individual person.

VirtualName

Reaction score
I used the android in a long time. I like it but sometimes it freezes. Power off the measures this time.

caftpx10

Reaction score
I used the android in a long time. I like it but sometimes it freezes. Power off the measures this time.
I've been using Android 5.1.1 and it hadn't lagged once (well, the custom ROM I'm using is fast and good with battery), opposed to Android 5.0.x which has a serious memory leak issue (which can be fixed with a certain patch [requires a few things though]). You can perhaps try that, depending on what device you currently have. It looks as if it's going the right path. :)

truevan2

Reaction score
To be honest, I really like iPhones because they look frickin amazing. My iPhone 5s has a nice, simple design and I love it. iPhones to me just seem like a higher quality phone.