which is better, .tk or .co.cc and how do you set up the dns/name server?

draegon

Reaction score
Hey, I am a complete newcomer to web design (still learning html) and I recently set up a webpage with x10hosting and set up a dot.tk along with it. I was wondering if someone could tell me if .tk or .co.cc is better and why, and how to set up the "name server/dns server" so my hosted page can use the shorter url. Thanks:drool::drool::drool: so much, I know answering a question like this will seem below many of you, bear with me.:drool::drool::drool:

hypo-kill

Reaction score
i dont recommend either as both display adverts when they use that link.

i recommend

http://www.joynic.com/

its what i used back in the day, these days i just buy my domains

hope this information helps you

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey, I am a complete newcomer to web design (still learning html) and I recently set up a webpage with x10hosting and set up a dot.tk along with it. I was wondering if someone could tell me if .tk or .co.cc is better and why, and how to set up the "name server/dns server" so my hosted page can use the shorter url. Thanks:drool::drool::drool: so much, I know answering a question like this will seem below many of you, bear with me.:drool::drool::drool:

Almost both are same, Both has the namsserver feature, So anyone you can use

Just the namservers to
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

the DNS propagation may take upto 48hours.

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
***Moved to Off Topic***

draegon

Reaction score
Almost both are same, Both has the namsserver feature, So anyone you can use

Just the namservers to
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

the DNS propagation may take upto 48hours.
what I mean is this: if I put ns1.x10hosting.com and n2.x10hosting.com, will it go to another webpage instead of mine? Should I put draegon.x10hosting.com (my site) in one and leave out the second? How would .tk and .co.cc know to display draegon.x10hosting.com? and another question, should I set up both?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
what I mean is this: if I put ns1.x10hosting.com and n2.x10hosting.com, will it go to another webpage instead of mine? Should I put draegon.x10hosting.com (my site) in one and leave out the second? How would .tk and .co.cc know to display draegon.x10hosting.com? and another question, should I set up both?

You should point your domain to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Then Go to cPanel and add this .tk or .co.cc domain in parked domains option.

The Name servers will automatically setup your domain.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score

The namservers are going to be kept at admin section of your domain.

Example: goto www.co.cc then sign in

you can see the domains you registered there you can manage domain. and then set the nameservers

Once you done, then park the domain in your CPanel here at x10hosting at http://draegon.x10hosting.com:2082

draegon

Reaction score
OK I went to co.cc and changed settings to nameserver1: ns1.x10hosting.com, nameserver2: ns2.x10hosting.com. then I went to cpanel and clicked parked domains or whatever (the image looked like www=www) and added draegon.co.cc (my .co.cc) and so I think that I am done. thnx sooo much!!!

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
OK I went to co.cc and changed settings to nameserver1: ns1.x10hosting.com, nameserver2: ns2.x10hosting.com. then I went to cpanel and clicked parked domains or whatever (the image looked like www=www) and added draegon.co.cc (my .co.cc) and so I think that I am done. thnx sooo much!!!

Yes you are done. But the namservers propagation may take upto 48hours. After that the site will be fully up with the new domain.

seethes

Reaction score
.co.cc is so nice , but i can sign up domains .com .net .org free , if you like domain .com .org .net , please contact me at PM :happysad::happysad:;):)

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I like .co.cc better than .tk since .tk looks really nooby.

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
These days you can register .com, .net, .org and others for less than $10 per year.
Presents a more professional image IMHO.

twiztedmindz

Reaction score
I prefer .co.cc took me sometime to get it to work. .tk is ok but they place ads so...i would rather be ad free.

phazzedout

Reaction score
.TK can cancel your subscription if your domain does not get a unique view hit of 30 every 90 days. I suggest picking up a good SEO book if you do get .TK

.co.cc is perfectly fine but it has it's downside, if your website gets famous they start charging you a year, a lot if they want.

I have never heard of .tt, is it any good?

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
.co.cc is perfectly fine but it has it's downside, if your website gets famous they start charging you a year, a lot if they want.

The co.cc charges only if the domain used for commercial purpose, If it is personal purpose there is no charge.

priyaa161

Reaction score
co.cc is far better than .tk. But both are not considered as top level domains so both of them are not at all useful.