Which is the Best Fire Wall with out consuming system resources

vibiz

Reaction score
Which is the Best Fire Wall with out consuming system resources, Am using Omniquad.

hopper

Reaction score
i use zone alarm free firewall
or if you have more then one computer on your network and/or an older computer (p1 or higher pII or better recommended) set it up with two network interfaces and download and install smoothwall express (www.smoothwall.org) on it and put it between your dsl/cable modem and your switch (use a crossover cable between the smoothwall and your pc if you don't have a switch)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
pfSense is a nice program to use if you have a spare computer sitting around. I use a program that a friend had created for me for free to add to my Fedora box to manage my internet traffic, along with the power of Linux to act as a file server AND a routing system. If you want something that won't consume system resources, go with Windows Firewall even though it may not be the best thing to use if you have Windows XP or Vista, and if you have a Cable, DSL, T* or Fiber optic connection, see if there is a hardware firewall available on the modem or router. That'll do the best for you and quickly.

TheMan177

Reaction score
I'm running Comodo Firewall. I'm not sure on it's resource consumption but it has never caused any problems on my system.

CoolFinalFan

Reaction score
Last edited:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I only use my router's firewall. Being a GNU/Linux user I don't really need to have one, it just takes up resources for no reason. The Linux kernel has been designed to be secure, and applications have been written with the Internet and security in mind.

-Luke.