Which is the best internet security suite?

indians

Reaction score
my kaspersky internet security suite is getting expired, so i want to know is there any internet security software which is best in the security which is better than kaspersky.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
my kaspersky internet security suite is getting expired, so i want to know is there any internet security software which is best in the security which is better than kaspersky.

Kaspersky is basically one of the best out there still to this day. I use Avast! Free Edition anti-virus myself, and I do know that Alwil offers Avast! Internet Security for 3 PCs. I haven't tried that out but the Avast! Free Edition Anti-virus software gives good impressions.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of security suites. I've seen too many bad experiences with them messing up or taking away performance from a PC.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Despite the bad reviews of the previous versions (especially 2008 and earlier), I'm using Norton Internet Security 2011 and I'm quite happy with it. Unlike other suites, it only makes automatic scans when my computer is idle rather than a set time. It's really light (barely impacts PC performance) and scans are very fast. They definitely improved a lot and this started with the 2009 edition.

If you're looking for a free security solution, I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials.

Last edited:

mikulenas.darius28

Reaction score
I find security suits to be a waste of memory and resources overall. On my machine i have two things: AVG Free antivirus and ZoneAlarm firewall, also free. The antivirus covers most of the things you might want: active file scanning, e-mails scanning, spyware protection etc. ZoneAlarm ensures nothing connects to or from the internet without your knowledge. Both seems to be resource friendly and effective. No problems with computer so far.​

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Unix...enough said

In real terms, the price will probably be a pretty big factor; personally I use ClamXAV but that is only because I don't really need one. Also, how you actually use your computer can radically affect how likely you are to be a victim, so a little common sense goes a long way.

Last edited:

blackheart99999

Reaction score
Kespersky is good, but I find the scanning process way slow, Norton internet security is a full featured with impressive user interface, but it doesn't allow to choose actions when a threat is detected, and Completely deletes it, not even quarantines it ! So, if you are a advance user, you know what is what ! Avast! is good, but the paid one "Internet security" it has useful new features as well.
So, Avast and Kespersky is good, Go for Norton if you keeps your PC according to so called completely safe rules.

captaindata

Reaction score
I agree with many of the other posts, security software wastes system resources and makes your system unacceptably slow. I don't run anything. In fact, first thing I usually do with a new windows machine is start taking OUT the security programs (or at least the more worthless ones like McAfee).

To me the best virus and malware protection is a good backup plan. After I've gotten windows, all my drivers and apps, and everything else installed the way I want it, I generally archive the entire C: drive. I usually do this by booting the system using a rescue CD like Sysrescue or Trinity (both of which are available free) which are tiny linux environments with a few basic tools. Usually there's a program called "gparted". I'll use gparted to make another partition on the hard drive (which can be done without destroying the one that's there) big enough to back up the C: partition. I'll generally format it as a non-windows filesystem, since windows can't screw up a filesystem it can't mount. I then tell gparted to copy the C: partition to the new partition. I now have a copy of my freshly-installed windows and apps on the new partition. When windows gets blown to hell (notice I said "when" not "if") I can boot from the rescue CD and use gparted to restore the C: partition from the backup.

Presumably you've been backing up your "documents & settings" directory to somewhere, so when you do have to restore C: from the backup, you won't be down for too long and will not have lost much.

Sorry if this all sounds terribly complicated. This is just MY method, you may have figured out something different which works better for you.

tim4rd

Prime Account
Reaction score
I don't tend to have a problem on my Mac but when I'm fixing computers for people I tend to install the latest Microsoft Security Essentials and update there defender and they don't get many problems. I was surprised that Microsoft made a free alternative to all the big companies like norton and kapersky that actually competes with them well if not works better.

hazar90

Reaction score
Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 is the BEST Anti virus sotware i'm using it for years.

conzone

Reaction score
The top four and free: Avast, Avira, MSE, CoMoDo , and then there is AVG if you feel lucky (two bad updates in a year, sad)

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

ESET NOD Internet security.
Www.eset.com is the one I like

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Also I find that ESET nod32 antivirus is also good.But its not as proactive as ESET Internet security 4.
Though it is not free..it is worth spending 21USD for an year of super safety.
What say?

indians

Reaction score
after viewing the reviews i thought of getting a new 1 year license for my kaspersky or getting new norton antivirus.