Which is the best type of music?

Your Music Genre?

• Total voters

tll229

Reaction score
i love death metal as well, But mostly into Heavy Metalcore scream music... cant hear the lyrics is pure talent lol.

Futeki

Reaction score
I don't believe there to be one great genre, as I listen to just about everything except new country and opera. At the moment, I've been playing a lot of At The Drive-In, in my car.

Node1

Reaction score
I think it depends what music insipires your soul! I think Metal and Rock inspires my soul more than talking about being rich and having 'hoes'.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Rock, Death Metal, "Pop" or whatever the heck they call the few gems in the crap played on local radio stations these days (think it's pop, 30 seconds to mars - a beautiful lie. Might be rock, dunno honestly, just love the song), and VGM (video game music).

Guess it's a sort of thing where if it doesnt have words or a piano, I'll give it a shot. Favorites right now include Maxis/EAGames - Sinusoidal Sim (one of the techno tracks from Sims 2, not sure which expansion if any), and the background music from Soldat.

Band list in order from favorite to least:

1) 3 way tie, 30 seconds to mars, fear factory, static x
2) whoever did the music on ut2004 ^_^
3) Spineshank
4) Aerosmith
<clipped cause this is basically useless>
*) Barry Manilow

*This was, has, and will always be on the bottom of my list, CAUSE I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! My mom listens to it every freaking day, and it makes me insane.

If you happen to like Barry Manilow, that's fine. Just don't connect to my voice chat on yahoo and start singing his songs please :)

But yea that's about it for me. Off to bed, first day of year 2 of college in about 4 hours (yes, I really do suck at figuring out when a good time to sleep is).

Ydreece

Reaction score
i would listen to rock music wen i need to think about some works and problems..
it really helps a lot.. loud music..
then when i want to have a good sleep, classical is my choice..
also during those days when i need to concentrate on some codes and db programming..

i also love to listen to alternative music and j-pop (anime themes)
:happysad:

[XiRE]

Reaction score
I like rock, metal (old metal), punk rock (NO EMO), and techno.
I think hip-hop and rap sucks.
Death metal and hardcore (vocals) are a bit too much for me, but i can appreciate the insturmentalists.

mcnair

Reaction score
i'm not the type of person who goes for loud, angry music. i'm too mellow. ^^

I listen to a lot of asian pop, simply because many of their voices are soft. i plug into classical pop [josh groban, charlotte church, etc.] or go into both extremes. I listen to classical music, blues, and jazz simply to pass the time along, or pop when i'm feeling superficial.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I listen to Rap & Hip-hop cuz it dsnt make sence and they talk to fast like me:happysad:

PaulAlejandro

Reaction score
I listen Rock, Metal, Classical music, JPOP, Blues...

Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Death, Slayer, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Opeth, Anathema, Arch Enemy, ...

Torch

Reaction score
For me it would be Happy Hardcore, Euro Dance, Hard Dance, and anything with reasonable Techno dose to it. But, I can handle other types of music, except any form of Metal. Not to be offensive to anyone, but I can't really understand how can someone listen to Metal. It is depressive and listening a dude screaming his throat out through half of the song is a bit freakish :eek4:

anephew

Reaction score
for hip-hop in this poll.Becouse we are jam in Russia with dj's (guitars + drums +dj's and other musiciant's,music instruments)
Also I and my many friend's are love and play funk,jazz. =)

vitaorsa

Reaction score
Torch said:
For me it would be Happy Hardcore, Euro Dance, Hard Dance, and anything with reasonable Techno dose to it. But, I can handle other types of music, except any form of Metal. Not to be offensive to anyone, but I can't really understand how can someone listen to Metal. It is depressive and listening a dude screaming his throat out through half of the song is a bit freakish :eek4:

Have to agree with Torch.. Dance and Trance do it for me as well as some Chillout..

I just don't understand the whole screaming bit with Metal, if your going to sing, then sing so people can understand you..

Mikek

Reaction score
I picked other, because I like various kinds of music. Some of my favourite songs are weird al songs .:lol: and game sound tracks.