Which is your favourite CMS ?

locogeek94

Reaction score
For me:
Wordpress is easy to use.
Joomla, haven't spent much time learning it.
Drupal, currently working with it on the side. Looks like Drupal 7 has a lot potential.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I've always liked Joomla and Wordpress. I think wordpress is more user friendly, but Joomla supports more features out of the box, and a wealth more with components etc. Wordpress seems to not do much without Plug-ins etc.
So; my verdict:
Beginners: Wordpress
Anyone else: Joomla

locogeek94

Reaction score
Although the last time I worked on any CMS, it was attempting to learn Drupal.
A friend did recommend Xoops and Wolf CMS.
Currently, these are not a popular, but I will play around with them the next chance I have.

kadai

Reaction score
I will go totally with Drupal.
the feature I have like the most of it was the "Multi-site" one.

At first I tough that managing and skinning on Drupal was hard as hell, but then I got illuminated about how to create my own themes and everything has been uphill since then. Very easy.

On the other hand, the other CMS I have tested is Joomla! which I have found... to be like trying to climb a wall with bare hands! You need a lot of time to get used to it (managing and then customising it) despite its power, what is not useful when you need to have a site running soon, because of its learning curve... also, it lacks the multi-site feature on its core code.

I have still to test other CMS.

FrozenTime

Reaction score
I see a lot of mention for Wordpress, so I guess CMS is a content manager system used to, well, manage content? In that case, I think Wordpress is a good CMS, but I personally try to code everything myself unless I absolutely can't figure out how. A blog seems like one of the easier things to code, so I'm going to try and make one myself. Other than that, I use forum software like phpbb and SMF. I'm completely satisfied with using file managers like the one cPanel provides to manage all the content on my site. But then again, I am still not familiar with everything that has to do with web building, so there probably are better options out there.

Last edited:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Wordpress was generally termed as a blogging script which has now developed fully in to a cms
There is every kind of a plugin available now.
Joomla in parallel has the easiest learning curve and a nice one too.
I,Previously a joomla fan is now learning wordpress too.
Nice experience by the way.