Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 137 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

neverlate2day

Reaction score
i say XP all my games work fine i'm content with it.
Not a system hog, decent interface
Vista: nagging and system hog
Leopard: u gotta buy PC just for that, if i had the cash
Linux: Interface?? missing to me

In the poll Ubuntu option includes Edubuntu, Xubuntu,....

Last edited:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Which Os do u prefer

Xubuntu ftw! It's fast, secure, looks alright and is pretty easy to customise. Makes an excellent development / testing environment when coupled with VMware Server too ;).

timur

Reaction score

im too lazy to investigate new OSs , xp works fine for what i need, games, internet, procrastination....., is all good.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score

XP is great. I still don't care what people say, Vista is a terrible operating system. In fact, so terrible that Microsoft is going to release Windows 7 in a a couple years to show what Vista was supposed to be!

I'll say it once and I'll say it again: Vista = Millennium Edition

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

Being as though I'm a gamer, I chose Windows Vista. However if it wasn't me and for gaming, I'd be a Linux person. If I was creative, I'd go for a Mac.

Currently here at home I have 3 Windows 2000 machines, 2 XP machines and a Vista gaming machine, along with a Fedora Core 9 box.

Last edited:

Max1337

Reaction score

I'd rather use my own OS...
Which I am working on making as of now, with the help of a few friends. :)

Personally, I think windows sucks, Linux you can't play very many games on, and Mac is restricted to using mostly stuff made by Apple.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score

I use Windows Vista on my main machine. It's NOT annoying (even with UAC on), uses few resources on my machine, and is logical. It's not just about Aero. For those who haven't tried it, I say give it a try. You will be surprised.

vmadarasz

Reaction score

Os I Prefer for:

- Work: Mac OS X

- Game: Windows ones definetly

- Anything Else: Linux (mainly Ubuntu)

RossSchVle

Banned
Reaction score

I like linux especially ubuntu and centos distros, I use ubuntu mainly for development, and centos for 'server stuff'. The only reason I still have windows xp is that some of my games wont run in wine or crossover :(

Zdroyd

Reaction score

What I don't like is that everyone who thinks Vista sucks has never used it on a Vista PC...

Vista is actually really good and powerful, as long as you have a computer that was built for it.

I find that Leopard is nice with graphics... but their is one thing Macs always had a problem with: THERE ARE NO MAC GAMERS!!!!!!

So far I like Ubuntu...

blitzkrieg

Reaction score

well I'm still on WinXP and love it right now.. it does everything that I need and allows me to customize it as I want it. I want to try Vista but don't fell like buying it so I'll probably have it on my next computer (except if Windows7 comes out first, which would even be better).

I also liked Ubuntu/KUbuntu when I tried them.. didn't really explored them enough to say if I'd use it everyday.

And I don't really like MacOsX.. I had to use it for a few months and I don't like how stuff is arranged.. winXP let me chose more stuff and change everything a lot more than MacOS (or thats how it looked for me).

w4k3upn0w

Reaction score

I will stick with XP. It is what I know best. I have tried other OS and I always go back to XP.

anirtak143

Reaction score

ReactOS! Just kiddin. ^^

i would choose winxp...^^ its serves my needs well..

Dan

Reaction score
This thread is now Stickied as it comes up absolutely all the time and it would be a lot better for there just to be one.

Any more threads similar to this, including just 1 OS v Another OS will be closed with a link to this thread.

manojlds

Reaction score
XP anytime...yeah vista has problems, but its not the demon it has been made out to be. Anyway waiting for Windows7!

omoney

Reaction score
I like Windows XP because it is very familiar but Vista definately has some advantages over it. But the best operating system is probably like Linux for expert computer users that can handle it.

Mitch

Reaction score
XP, because it can run the all games good. (and doesn't use much ram). It is also very user friendly. But Vista looks very nice.

alpal0

Reaction score
I think ubuntu is the best, and if you want really good graphic effects that dont take a supercomputer than use ubuntu with compiz installed.

F

Fahad

I think all three (Windows, Ubuntu, Mac) are equally good.
Provided your machine can handle it, Vista is better than XP, no question.

Status
Not open for further replies.