Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 137 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rikere

Reaction score
I've gotta say tops is Ubuntu and Linux as a whole...

My desktop dual-boots Ubuntu Studio 64bit with Windows 7 (on seperate drives... windows + grub = fail). My laptop is straight up ubuntu studio 64 as well thanks to small hard drive sizes....

Reasons:
Windows 7: Yay my games work! But BOO, there's not as much decent freeware and it takes 1.5 gb. of ram just to see the desktop, let alone click anything...

Linux: runs with about 512mb. of ram or less, though I have at least 2gb. in every rig that uses ubuntu for anything major. In the event of hardware failures, I now from experience linux will make it work longer and give me more time for new parts. On top of that, I'm sick of windows viruses. As to software, I do a lot of graphics/video and linux can't be beat...

firedup

Reaction score
Ubuntu is good for everthing from server to desktop for office use(since there lot of free open source apps).
But for gaming win7 rocks.

DragoNuno

Reaction score
Ever since I switched to Windows 7 it's been my favorite. Sure, there's some little things that bother me such not having the "What U Hear" avaible or not being able to change the midi synthsizer but it way more stable than XP and so far there hasn't been any program incompatibility issue. Well, maybe one but it isn't a major problem anyway. There are tons of alternatives to it.

PS: Update the list if you can so people can vote on Windows 7 :p

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I prefer Mac OS X as it is easy to use, looks amazing and actually performs.

I'm currently using Linux as I can't afford a Mac. I hate Windows, it is slow and full of security errors.

~Callum

adessobastadavvero

Reaction score
I'm currently using Xubuntu on an old pc and it flows so well.
Also Zenwalk is a good choice for my needs.
I used xp before but it's OBSOLETE nowadays.

I will never try vista nor 7, I'm not a gamer and I cannot see other valid reasons to download them (not to mention to waste money on them..)

I've seen Leopard in action and Alex Mac is right, it's so cool.
I don't think I would spent money on them, though.
Too much expensive.
Is a Mac worth its price? Isn't it better to choose Linux and pay the same for a better hardware?
What do you think?

eleljrk

Reaction score
Re: Which Os do u prefer

Where is Windows 1995? It's actually the best and most secure Windows OS ever out.
It's even some modules to make it look like XP.. ^^

- My vote is for Windows 1995, even I don't have it..

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: Which Os do u prefer

Where is Windows 1995? It's actually the best and most secure Windows OS ever out.
It's even some modules to make it look like XP.. ^^

- My vote is for Windows 1995, even I don't have it..

Windows 7 and windows 98 95 are added to the poll list..

If any more common OS is missing from the list please mention..

leo1954au

Reaction score
I'm using windows 7 because I've found it much more stable than vista but I do have another drive in a removable cradle with XP on it.

icywind

Reaction score
Windows 7, as it is stable as you needed for all aspects of using computer. It override standards of human life in using computer. People will going to choose of they want to do in their computer.

I am a PC!

fearnet

Reaction score
Windows XP...I installed Windows Vista and now I am desperately searching for a way to re-install XP. My Windows XP CD doesn't even boot in vista.... :crying:

Last edited:

StephenR

Reaction score
I'm still using Win XP, as it's well tried and stable. Glad I never went to Vista!

However we have to move on I suppose, and windows 7 seems to be the next step, but I'll wait until sp1 at least before changing so they can get the bugs sorted out.

minitechme

Reaction score
I definitely prefer Windows XP. I know many people believe that Windows 7's new taskbar, similar to the Mac (which is my least favorite OS) is a great feature. I don't think so. Who wants 2 clicks to get to a program? Aero slows down an old computer! So do window previews! Turn it off, and you have XP with some slight improvements. VS 2005 (for Visual Basic .NET) works fine on XP, but has compatibility issues with Vista. Which also has Aero. My second favorite is Fedora/Linux simply because of its speed.

ezandew

Reaction score
Mac OS X is a must! It's stable, barely any viruses, and is highly compatible.

Windows 7 beats Windows XP by miles! Maybe it is slightly slower at starting up, but it is much faster at shutting down as I read at a recent fair test. I have noticed that graphics are better and it's a pleasure to use. I don't understand it when people say XP is best.

But no, Mac beats every single operating system on Earth by billions of miles - and it will stay like that for centuries on!

E&E

zenadix

Reaction score
I use Windows XP but I would love to try Ubuntu

PD: HAHA, everybody hates windows 7. Take that microsoft!

Last edited:

wave42

Reaction score
Windows 7.

It's a bit faster, and multi tasking, even at 32-bit is breeze...

hezuo

Reaction score
Ubuntu is my preferred OS. It's fast, and it has all the programs I need to work without any trouble. Unfortunately, it doesn't have enough games. But, as I use my pc to work and to surf the web, that's enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.