• Toshiba

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Or... Custom Made?

Votes: 52 40.0%

• Total voters

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a build it yourself person. I like the fun and challenge of creating your own PC. The only problem is hat if it breaks you're on your own.

But there's always help on teh interwebs! ;)

tpounds

Reaction score
I would lovvvvvvvve to build my own PC, but, it costs a lot, and I don't have a good source of income

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
My favorite, and probably the best brand out there is my own :p

When I need one, I build one. Much better for the money. I can build a $600 computer compared to a $1000+ equivalent from best buy.

I am starting my own computer building business.

Last edited:

brayden13

Reaction score
i like to build computers, but none will trust me, but i can still build a computer.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I would lovvvvvvvve to build my own PC, but, it costs a lot, and I don't have a good source of income

Building your own PC actually saves money. You can build a decent PC with a Core 2 Duo and 1GB of RAM (no OS) for less than NZ$1,200. :)

GTKILLA

Reaction score
HP is great. I have a compaq that works fine though. Isn't hp and compaq the same? lol I even have a hp monitor with meh compaq

Zangetsu

Reaction score
I wouldn't even use a PC, get a Mac ;)...

mac costs more then a regular pc + limited expandability and
limited game performance, ive heard xxx complaints about em

for the price of a mac you can make a computer thats 5-7 times better then a mac

Max1337

Reaction score
HP is great. I have a compaq that works fine though. Isn't hp and compaq the same? lol I even have a hp monitor with meh compaq

In a way...
HP owns Compaq, and manufacture Compaq PC's
But they usually have different names on their pc's...

Like HP says 'HP' on it, and Compaq, says 'Compaq' on it...
Compaq don't usually have HP written on the system itself, except the product code tag...
System properties should also say HP as the companies name...
This is just my system though, but I still classify mine as just an HP system...
Compaq is more typing.. when HP is so much easier...

Last edited:

fempower

Reaction score
Alienware, because they are high-end and trusted with great-looking products; I love the alien logo. But they don't always build the fastest system. They're still way better than most big brands like Dell, HP, Gateway, etc. Otherwise, I'd have to go with Macs because htey have some of the sleekest products and best user experiences. I'd love to build my own but I'm not sure I trust myself not to fry components or whatnot.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Alienware, because they are high-end and trusted with great-looking products; I love the alien logo. But they don't always build the fastest system. They're still way better than most big brands like Dell, HP, Gateway, etc. Otherwise, I'd have to go with Macs because htey have some of the sleekest products and best user experiences. I'd love to build my own but I'm not sure I trust myself not to fry components or whatnot.

Don't forget that Alienware is owned by Dell though :)

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
For my PC... that would be IBM.

I've never used any other make :D

For my netbook I use ASUS

hcse26

Reaction score
I personally like HP even though I'm always biased against the others lol.

I like HP because here in the Middle East, the weather tends to shorten PC life especially because of humidity but HP has the longer run when it comes to durability.

I also like HP because you get every cent worth for what you paid for especially on notebooks...

But I can tell you one thing though... I like to customize my own, but If I can go for a good deal with OEM's, then I'd go for them because I tend to be 'overpricing' when I do my own specs. ;)

cmosbob

Reaction score
If I had the money, I would go with falcon northwest, but, since I'm usually broke, I'll build my own. the one I'm using right now, I've been building since 2006. So far, its cost me about 700 total, and has an AMD athlon 64 x2, 2 gigs ram, 2 500gb hd's, a 200gb hd, DVD burner, xg viper2 case, nVidia 8600gt 256mb, 19 inch LCD monitor, and a cigarette lighter :biggrin:.

zynischen

Reaction score
i have personaly had enough of these companys given out **** hardware and components. I am using dell at the moment. My next system will be build from the ground up using the most exspensive and most lastest parts from well know companys.

The newest main boards from giggabyte and the newest cpu from intel. and other things.

it will include a 40" screen :)

just over 13,000 Australian dollars :D

S

Swiblet

I'd like to make my own computer, but I work at Geek Squad, and from what I've seen, HP is the best brand of laptop. As for desktops...I stay away from OEM :C OEM Bios makes me sad. Build your own desktop, it's not that hard.

~~B3N

Mongoose92

Reaction score
For laptops I like Dell, as they are sturdy, fairly price worthy and I like their looks as well. Alienware rocks but it's too expensive...

As for desktops, I tend to build my own, as I prefer to pick and mix, and prioritize, which keeps the price down :)

Last edited:

Max1337

Reaction score
I honestly wanna try out a Dell XPS One, with everything built into the monitor...
See how it runs, I tend to like computers like that, it saves a lot of room
I hate big bulky computers :rant2:... What a waste of space lol

scottnj

Reaction score
I guess Sony or Acer but personally if I want a computer I just build one, I end up spending less and having far more bang for my buck. Plus, building a computer is pretty easy, and a whole lot of fun, at least for me anyways.:biggrin:

I agree, I picked other because when I interned at a computer store, we made some pretty nice computers, and we didn't spam it up with 'hp support center' and all that other crap.

When I do get around to a new computer, though, I am definitely building it myself.

However, I hate it if I have to call Microsoft to activate, because the automated thing is a pain, and all their 'professional support people' barely speak english and ask you the same thing 13 times, and get p-oed really easily.