• Win 98

Votes: 11 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
I think Windows XP has been the best OS published by Microsoft,
Considering Windows XP doesn't support a wired connection out of the box, that statement makes Microsoft look very bad. It also doesn't have any audio support and the display drivers are barely functional enough to drag a window. It always puzzles me when a Windows XP user complains about Linux not working well enough out of the box... I doubt they've ever done a fresh installation of XP before.

Last edited:

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Windows Vista, however, had drivers for all my hardware except the graphics card (but it was functional, just no Aero until I installed the driver). Everything else worked perfectly. :D

IMO the reason for XP's lack of support is that it has older drivers on the CD which doesn't work with newer hardware. ;)

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
IMO the reason for XP's lack of support is that it has older drivers on the CD which doesn't work with newer hardware. ;)
And there's really no excuse for them not updating the drivers for their updated CDs that install XP with service packs. If they can make a CD to install XP with SP3 then they could include some updated drivers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.